From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ordered the book - Effective Labview Programming through NI website?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to order Effective Labview Programming to prepare for CLD exam in early 2014. It is not available on Amazon right now and it seems that the only way to order it is through the nts press. The nts press website guided me to a credit card information input screen, but it does not work because the address information does not match! Of course it won't much since I am using my personal credit card to order it. When I change my address to my personal address, it keeps asking for a company name but there is no company name on my personal credit card.

I guess the online ordering system is not really intended for individual but for companies. Has anyone have successfully ordered books from the nts website before?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,906 Views)

The best I can do is wave a hand and ask an acquaintance of mine to stop in with more information.  The question should probably be directed to NTS Press directly but, the answer could be of interest to many on this forum.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,895 Views)

You can typically register your work address with your credit card company. This way you can ship to either address (home or work).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,891 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JadeRabbit

@Altra wrote:

I am trying to order Effective Labview Programming to prepare for CLD exam in early 2014. It is not available on Amazon right now and it seems that the only way to order it is through the nts press. The nts press website guided me to a credit card information input screen, but it does not work because the address information does not match! Of course it won't much since I am using my personal credit card to order it. When I change my address to my personal address, it keeps asking for a company name but there is no company name on my personal credit card.

I guess the online ordering system is not really intended for individual but for companies. Has anyone have successfully ordered books from the nts website before?

Thanks in advance.

From Private correspondance:

"Place the order over the phone, where (you) can connect with a customer service rep who will know how to handle any confusion about (your) cards."  (800) 531-5066 Part #783096-01

You just can't beat customer service support from these guys.

Spoiler
NTS is a NI business unit

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,873 Views)

I did something similar - I clicked the "order online option", then generated a quotation by clicking the "Get Instant Quote" button and then rang NI Customer Services to pay for said quote with a VISA card. Everything went smoothly from there and it was all worth it - great book.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,821 Views)

I just got the book yesterday by calling the customer service representative. Thanks for all the advice.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,810 Views)

Customers having difficulties can always call the 800 number given on the "order now" page for the book: (800) 531-5066 and ask for part number 783096-01.

You CAN send have the book sent to an address different from the billing address of your credit card. You DO have to put in a "company name" for the address, but if there isn't one . . . you just put in your own name again. As with all online purchases, what really matters is that your billing address matches the address on file with your credit card company. If that doesn't match, the sale is rejected. But the shipping address can be anything you need it to be.

Tom

NTS Press

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,564 Views)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the further clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,550 Views)

I will be attending a class starting next week I was just looking for this book.

In addition to purchasing it through NTS Press, You can also get this book through GOOGLE.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,196 Views)