From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good book for CLD exam

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I plan to take the CLD exam at the end of this year. I am wondering if you have any good Labview book in your mind that can help me review some material for the CLD exam.

Great thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(10,623 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hoa_Huynh

I would highly recommend The LabVIEW Style Book by Peter Blume.  It is a little dated now, but a large majority of the concepts are still good.

Otherwise, I would go through the LabVIEW Core training manuals.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 27
(10,618 Views)

I heard about that book before, thank you for the great source.

Hoa Huynh
huynh213@umn.edu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(10,608 Views)

I heard that the book, itself doesn't have color, but black and white inside. However, the online version has color. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Hoa Huynh
huynh213@umn.edu
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(10,588 Views)

You should take a look at LabVIEW for everyone by Jim Kring.

LabVIEW Core III manual is also a good read for CLD Exam but the best prep you can get is practice the sample exams!

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 5 of 27
(10,581 Views)

@HoaHuynh wrote:

I heard that the book, itself doesn't have color, but black and white inside. However, the online version has color. Is that correct?

Thanks.

I thought mine had color.  I'll have to look when I get back in the office.  Even if it didn't have color, I didn't notice.  The examples are quite clear.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 27
(10,576 Views)

Is there an Core 3 soft copy manual available please share it. I`m Preparing for my CLD.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(10,557 Views)

@gnshmrthy wrote:

Is there an Core 3 soft copy manual available please share it. I`m Preparing for my CLD.

You can buy a printed copy http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207901

Or if you have a current SSP, you can go through the Core 3 course with the online self-paced courses.http://sine.ni.com/myni/self-paced-training/app/main.xhtml

GCentral
Message 8 of 27
(10,552 Views)

I think you cna purchase it from NI website and have a soft copy

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(10,551 Views)

They are correct that if you have a current SSP license for Full, Professional, or Dev Suite LabVIEW you can access the LabVIEW Core 3 Self-Paced Online course as part of your service entitlements.

You can find out more about your Self Paced entitlements here, including access to other courses like Object Oriented Design and Programming and Advanced Architectures in LabVIEW.

In addition to the sample exams mentioned in a post above, another great preparation tool is the CLD Success package (prep videos and exercises) that the Certification Exam Development team at NI has put together as a way to step by step complete competency exercises that build up to a complete exam solution. See the middle two links on the CLD E-kit

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
Message 10 of 27
(10,542 Views)