Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gearing up for the CLA.

After only about a year and a half of being a CLD, I am going to go for a CLA certification. I have been pounding through the ATM example provided, and have been finding alot of good tips regarding the approach for the exam. Wish me luck!

Jody M.
The Procter and Gamble Co.

Currently using LV2018.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(8,223 Views)

Good luck!

I'm studying for the CLA and am set to take it at the end of July. Would you be willing to share your practice solution to the ATM example? I've been looking at the NI solution, too, but it would really help me out if I could see some other approaches to the problem. I'm trying to put together several solutions to the CLA ATM practice so I can share it back with the community.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(8,215 Views)

Good luck Jody !

I attempted the ATM example through LVOOP. The initial setup was easy and straightforward but once you get to the actual meat of the exam, it does take time. I'd be interested in hearing the approaches of folks who've passed the CLA.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(8,213 Views)

Sridhar, it will interesting to see how that looks in LVOOP 🙂

Right now, I find the biggest challenge in setting my way of thinking in regards to the speed of reading the requirements and hashing out a series of architecture that will complement one another that I can implement within the 4 hour time period. Speed hasn't always been my strong points since I have been involved with LV. I began to put together architecture and then sometimes I second guess myself or want to make a change and try something more "efficient" or I think maybe some of my code may look "hokey". If I can tackle this initial mindset, I know I can make this work out.

Jody M.

Currently using LV2018.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(8,198 Views)

Hello Jody

If you post your solution for the ATM we can review it and give you feedback. After my first attempt with LVOOP, I did my practice with regular queued message handler pattern and FGV for inter process communication. It does get challenging to finish in 4 hours. I am still toying with the idea of LVOOP when I take the actual exam if I can do the sample exams within 4 hours.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(8,186 Views)

Hey guys, I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd toss it in here, too. This is my attempt at an LVOOP solution to the ATM practice.

I reduced my time from 4:00 to 3:10, because this is my SECOND attempt at the practice. I figure I'll lose ~45 minutes on the real deal getting acclimated to the new problem statement, so that's why I chose to subtract time off. I had tons and tons of trouble trying to finish on time.

If you have time to take a look, I'd appreciate it. And of course I'll reciprocate if y'all post solutions during your CLA prep.

Project's in 2012; if you need an older version, let me know. It uses Actor Framework.

Thanks!

Mike

Message 6 of 15
(8,160 Views)

Hello Mike

I haven't yet looked at it completely but is there a top level VI ?

I couldn't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,145 Views)

@SK8, the "top-level" would be the Actor Core override for the Controller. I probably should've documented that somehow or else created a launcher as a top-level VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,142 Views)

I  took it yesterday, but I have a feeling I may not cut it this time. I should find out for sure here in a few weeks.

Jody M.

Currently using LV2018.
Message 9 of 15
(8,133 Views)

Best of luck!

May I ask how it felt in terms of difficulty/complexity compared to the practice example?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,122 Views)