From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt In CLD 9

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI,

I have one doubt in CLD 9 exercise.

1. Application should be in state one for 5 second and move to state
to next state after the 5 Seconds.

2. But after the 5 seconds, application is not being going to next
state immediately as there is 100 ms delay due to wait function(use
for utilizing 100% of CPU).

3. Requirement is that application should be in state one for 5
second(LED should blow for 5 seconds) only but due to 100 ms delay LED
is blowing for 5 seconds + 100ms.

My doubt is that in every sample exam or in CLD success package,
requirement is that LED should blow for specific time but due to wait
function(used for not utilizing 100%CPU time), LED is being blowing
more than the Specified time due to wait function.

Please help to understand this issue as this is the the main part of CLD exam.

Warm Regards
Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(5,586 Views)

Then lower the delay to something like 10ms.  Then you are within 10ms.  But seriously, on a non-RT system, this 100ms should be tolerated.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(5,583 Views)

Hello Knight of NI,

Thanks for response.

Suppose i am giving even 1ms loop delay, then also its not upto the CLD requiremement.

As LED should blow for 5 seconds only not more than that.

Please suggest weather this is fine in CLD Exam if LED is blowing more than the specfic time.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(5,576 Views)

Yes, the 5.1 seconds is within the acceptable range for grading on the CLD exam grading.  

The fact that you recognize the discrepency is a good sign!  Think of the 4 hours of the CLD exam as a rushed proof-of-concept.  You need to demonstrate enough functionlity to show you can do what the specification requires, and do it in such a way that your work can be built on and expanded.  So, in this case, if you use the correct type of timing you can always tighten up the timing if needed (as previous poster pointed out).  

Does that help?

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(5,570 Views)

Hello Fisel,

Thanks for your information and support at every step.

Can you please tell me the exactly how much Timing Offset is acceptabel during CLD Exam.

Suppose for the same example if the requirement is that LED should blow for 5 Second.

So if will blow more than or less than 100ms, 200ms, 500ms. Then also is it accpectable or not.

Can you please tell me the exact how much Timing Offset is acceptabel during CLD Exam.

Warm Regards

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(5,550 Views)

Can you please tell me the exactly how much Timing Offset is acceptabel during CLD Exam.

Suppose for the same example if the requirement is that LED should blow for 5 Second.

So if will blow more than or less than 100ms, 200ms, 500ms. Then also is it accpectable or not.

Can you please tell me the exact how much Timing Offset is acceptabel during CLD Exam.

Warm Regards

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(5,546 Views)

Grading timing, we may check two things, depending on the situation & requirements:  

1. The actual timing, which is what we've been discussing.  Keep the difference between the target time and the actual time to less than 0.5 seconds.  We give a lot of benefit of the doubt on this, for reasons previously discussed.  
  2. The displayed time (time on the indicator on your CLD).  Keep this correct within the required precision.  In other words, if the display is to increment by seconds, make sure at the end of the process the indicator displays the correct integer second.  If it is to increment by 0.5 seconds, it should display the correct half-second.  

If you meet both those, you'll be fine.  

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(5,531 Views)

Thanks Fisel for your response.

1. Its means that if requirement is to blow LED for 5 seconds and if LED will blow more than the specfic time like  5 seconds+100ms then its also fine, right??

One more question.

According to the requirement of CLD application responsive time is within100ms.

So if responsive time is more than 100 ms or let say 200ms so in this case its being fine or its the against the CLD requirement.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(5,515 Views)

1)  Yes, within parameters described above.  

One more:  No.  If requirement is responsiveness within 100 ms, keep response time to less than 100 ms.  

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(5,505 Views)

Thanks Fisel for your quicker response and support at every step.

Sorry that i have being asking so many questions but dont have any option for me as i have asked this question to my teammate but i have not got any proper reply.

Which is the best method for updating the controls.

1.Local variable or property node according ot the CLD requirements.

2.Is its there any possibility to pass the CLD exam even after not completing the applicaton development requirement fully.

3. As i have seen that we can solve the all sample exams with simple state machine(without using event strut.)

Is there any disadvantages of not being using any advanced structure.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(5,499 Views)