Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily CLED - PLEASE

Hi Folks,

I am starting to think about preparing for the CLED exam.  I have to admit I am more intimidated by the multiple choice questions than I am about the practical exam (although I will need to study for this heavily).

I was wondering if we could start up a daily CLED thread?  I found this incredibly useful when studying for the CLAD.

Regards,

Jordan

Jordan McBain, PhD
LabVIEW Controls Engineer
Revolutionary Engineering
Message 1 of 3
(5,382 Views)

Hello,

such blog would interest me either but probably the mass of CLED applicants is not so high as for CLAD.

I, myself, am not intimidated by the MC-exam, but by the very short time difference between taking the MC and the practical exam

(I think 14 days, depending on training center maybe shorter):
- you have to learn für both, but if you fail the MC, learning effort for the practical exam was useless

- you have to make one exercise challenging the "knowledge"-part of the brain and one exercise challenging the "motoric/doing"-part of the brain
in a short time frame

-> I would rather prefer to re-flash my brain after succesful MC-exam and forget the "useless knowledge" and then
having enough time to prepare for practical exam.

...but maybe it is NI's intention to award the CLED only to people who have the full theoretical knowledge AND practical abilities at the same time,

[and not to people like me who drill for the theory and AFTERWARDS drill for the practical exam]

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,346 Views)

@JordanJMcBain wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am starting to think about preparing for the CLED exam.  I have to admit I am more intimidated by the multiple choice questions than I am about the practical exam (although I will need to study for this heavily).

I was wondering if we could start up a daily CLED thread?  I found this incredibly useful when studying for the CLAD.

Regards,

Jordan

Best tip.  Relax, the most correct answer is presented to you!  (Seriously, there are three distractors and a most correct answer in a MC format)

It is a mindset that is needed to do well on MC exams.  Take it on faith from a former USN ET"A" school instructor.  I've seen some very bright students that could not master that mindset and some of my favorite moments were watching some very bright young students learn to master it.  In all fairness, It does help to study the material and comprehend the subject matter but that mindset is key to testing well Smiley Wink 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,219 Views)