Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of LabVIEW Exam in India and course details.

Hi

I am planning to take the LabVIEW exam, I want to know the cost of exam.

is LabVIEW Basics I and II manual are sufficient for the preparation of the

exam as we have have them in the LabVIEW Academy. 

What is difference between LabVIEW Core I , II (mentioned in the syllabous material of CLAD Exam)  and LabVIEW basics I and Basics II

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(14,388 Views)

Hi,

I would have thought it would be better to contact your local NI representative direct.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(14,386 Views)

Hi illa,

Ray is right, the best way to get pricing and scheduling information is to contact the NI India branch directly.

However, as to your other questions:

1. LabVIEW Basics is a previous version of the LabVIEW Training Courses. You can check the front of the manuals to see what version of LabVIEW the course materials cover, but I believe it is LabVIEW Version 8.5 or 8.6, which is about 4 versions back.
    Because the certification exam tests over the latest version of LabVIEW, 2011 in this case, you will find a few differences- for example, the appearance of variables and boolean constants off the top of my head. You can go online on ni.com and search for "What's new in LabVIEW" and a number of links worth purusing pop up: What's New in LabVIEW 2011? What's New in LabVIEW 2011/features
    However, I wouldn't spend too much time on this, as it will probably only impact a few questions.
  2. When we moved from Basics to LabVIEW Core Training, we shuffled topics around for a better user experience. For instance: Event Structures used to be in LabVIEW Intermediate 1, but can now be found in LabVIEW Core 2.  You will therefore what to do a topic comparison, as I describe below.

That being said, the LabVIEW Basics 1&2 manuals will still be a great way to familiarize yourself with the LabVIEW Programming environment. I recommend the following plan to prep for the CLAD:

1. Read through the LabVIEW Basics 1&2 concepts manual to familiarize yourself with the properties of LabVIEW objects and the proper terminology for things. For example, this will teach you that arrays are indexed from 0 and the red dot that sometimes appears on a terminal when you have a type mismatch is called a "Coercion Dot."
  2. Work through the exercises and practice programming so you get used to the LabVIEW Environment and tools.
  3. When you have completed that course compare the LabVIEW Core 1 and LabVIEW Core 2 Course Outlines, which lists the lesson titles, to the lessons in Basics 1&2. This should give you an idea of any topics you may be missing. A search on ni.com or in the LabVIEW Help should be able to fill in any holes. (event structure)
  4. Finally, review the CLAD Preparation Guide's list of Topics and Subtopics to make sure you are familiar with everything you may be tested on.

After you know the material, this Discussion Forum has other posts on preparing for the exam. You can watch the Preparation webcasts and try the 2 Sample exams to get a feel for the type of questions you will be asked. And there are some helpful blogs we have listed.

Good Luck!

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
Message 3 of 9
(14,381 Views)

Thank you very sir.I got an idea about how to prepare.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(14,377 Views)

Remember, the CLAD tests your familiarity with the development enviornment.  One good exercise for CLAD preparation- that is  unmentioned in the materials online (HINT: Tip ahead.)  Go through each Function palatte with help on- If you have never used the function before, drop it on a Block Diagram and wire it to some FP objects. 

Learn the controls palatte the same way.  ~~~SEA story.. I had used LabVIEW for 10 years when I sat for the CLD exam! Of course I know the IDE right? Smiley Embarassed I had to use the search function to find this so called "Combo-Box" control mentioned in the software specification-  I'd never used one before.

Ah the joy of learning!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(14,357 Views)

I think this nice info about Courses in India but I need to know about more if you want that visit below website

List of Courses in India

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(14,299 Views)

@setrs wrote:

I think this nice info about Courses in India but I need to know about more if you want that visit below website

List of Courses in India

NO, learn the LabVIEW IDE- get your CLAD

Prove you can apply youre knowledge of :LabVIEW to "design" an application and ... you are  a "CLD"

demonstrate your mastery of LabVIEW as a programming language  get your CLA

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(14,276 Views)

What the Fee for the CLAD exam in INDIA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,301 Views)

Best source will be to contact the branch directly.

http://www.ni.com/contact-us/en-in

They will be able to determine your situation and give most relevant and reliable information.  

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,297 Views)