Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the mechanical action of a provided switch

Regarding the provided vi front panel for the CLD exam: Can we change the mechanical action of a boolean switch without penalty?

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,710 Views)

I would consider the supplied front panel as part of your requirements.  In other words, DON"T CHANGE IT.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,702 Views)

As far as I remember I did this on my CLD exam and I passed at the very first time. It doesn't mean that you should do it right away. You definitely need to consider reasons for the predefined mechanical action of a particular Boolean control, but I think that there is no problem to change it.

If you feel that it fits in your solution, just do it. Time is very important factor, so it is better to change the properties of a control instead of your concept, i.e. spend more time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,557 Views)

You have one post that says "DO" Another that recomends "Don't"

I am going to climb right up the middle.

Hear me out, please.  I'm not trying to blow smoke.  I have done both! on one a proctored CLD exam.  One requirment asked me to use a control type I did not know existed (controlls palette>>Search. LabVIEW Help explained that type to me.)  Another requirment went so far as too suggest a work-around for "Time to Time of Day.vi" that I felt was an inferrior technique.  (I had that covered!)

The deviation I documented!  Yes, the type of the control was appropriate, the suggetsed work-around predated the LV Type "Timestamp." Specifications and requirements are always subject to modification BUT, you need to document WHY!  A well reasoned deviation (take no more than one sentance) from spec can prove you need a new polo shirt.  (And start you thinking you deserve an  "A"- not a "D" on the end of that "TLA" , "CLD"

Spoiler
TLA: Three Letter Acrynoym; XTLA, eXtended Three Letter Acryonym; DXTLA: Dual XTLA, AT: Abbreviated TLA
Spoiler
Sit the exam:  Do so apprehensively- BUT think!!!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,532 Views)