Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLED – incomplete Frontpanel/missing feature in sample solution?

Exam task says:

"Acquisition rate … [and] ...Trigger value … shall be user-selectable"

"Initialization: ... This state is ... reached if any acquisition parameters change"

In my opinion, these non-trivial features were not handled in sample solution - the only thing I found was, that these parameters were bundled into a cluster which was used as argument in some sub-vis. But the case that these parameters may change during execution was not handled (I think, there should have to be something like an init-state in the acquisition-loop which is not).

To sample solution's defence, however, no controls for that are given on the given GUI template which one shuld use. [I would have expected e.g. some controls with a Submit-button for that]

Generally [also interesting for CLD exam] , what should I do if I think something on the given frontpanel (FP) is missing?

Should I then simply add something to the FP?

Or [as CLED sample solution did] is "something missing on given FP" an indicator that implementation of that feature (here: parameter change during run) is not required for solution?

More generally, how much am I allowed to alter a given FP-template in matters of changing datatype, position, labels or deleting/replacing elelements?

Coming back to CLED example: as requirements above could not be denied, I would implement at least the RT-specific part (Init-state where FPGAs and FIFOs are reset and which is reached if parameters change. - could present my solution).

Remains the FP-specific part. which I would give low priority, as I hope that this isn't marked too high as, although nontrivial, this is not so RT-specific.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,924 Views)