From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLED – incomplete Frontpanel/missing feature in sample solution?

Exam task says:

"Acquisition rate … [and] ...Trigger value … shall be user-selectable"

"Initialization: ... This state is ... reached if any acquisition parameters change"

In my opinion, these non-trivial features were not handled in sample solution - the only thing I found was, that these parameters were bundled into a cluster which was used as argument in some sub-vis. But the case that these parameters may change during execution was not handled (I think, there should have to be something like an init-state in the acquisition-loop which is not).

To sample solution's defence, however, no controls for that are given on the given GUI template which one shuld use. [I would have expected e.g. some controls with a Submit-button for that]

Generally [also interesting for CLD exam] , what should I do if I think something on the given frontpanel (FP) is missing?

Should I then simply add something to the FP?

Or [as CLED sample solution did] is "something missing on given FP" an indicator that implementation of that feature (here: parameter change during run) is not required for solution?

More generally, how much am I allowed to alter a given FP-template in matters of changing datatype, position, labels or deleting/replacing elelements?

Coming back to CLED example: as requirements above could not be denied, I would implement at least the RT-specific part (Init-state where FPGAs and FIFOs are reset and which is reached if parameters change. - could present my solution).

Remains the FP-specific part. which I would give low priority, as I hope that this isn't marked too high as, although nontrivial, this is not so RT-specific.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,943 Views)