From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD practice exam review

Hi all, not posted here before but i have my CLD exam booked for early next year. This is my attempt at the car wash exam. Could you provide me with some feedback on how i can improve it to gain more marks in the exam. The functionality i believe is all there however i underatand my documentation is on the light side.

Cheers 

Craig

Certified LabVIEW Developer
First Class Beng Hons Electronics
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,648 Views)

Overall fairly nice.

• Do get into the habit of Discriptions and tip-strips for every control or indicator the user sees
  • You WILL get dinged a point for type defed cluster constants not default.  The "Proper" practice is to bundle the elements that are not default-  Whoop-dee do-dah- as far as I'm concerned but, its your point and you might need it.
  • If I recall the documentation you need a pause on that timer see here for an example
  • READ the discussion linked above- and follow the link to the "Clear as Mud" thread (Hit up the Community nugget here too)
  • I'd probably hide full names on those bundle/unbundle by names.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 4
(6,637 Views)

Thanks for the feedback Jeff, i will take on board your comments.

As for the timer there is a pause in there? It is not a booleon input pause button as such, as the program requires the timer to pause if the vehicle is in the incorrect position for the wash state. Therefor it is paused based on the current slider position against the expected posotion for each state.

Any more info and tips is much appreciated.

Thanks

Certified LabVIEW Developer
First Class Beng Hons Electronics
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,619 Views)

Ah,  a second look made it obvious on the timer pause.  (a wire label would help readability there)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,613 Views)