Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD example review

Hi everybody!!!!

I have solution for Car Wash CLD example, please can you review it and give some advice???

(Sorry for taking your time)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,992 Views)

Two pieces of advice pop into my mind immediately:

1 Why oh why didn't you add the requirements document to the project?  Do that!

2 READ the requirements document.

I know you might not be a native english speaker but make darn sure that you understand the user interaction before you start to code.

In this car wash the user positions the car (by moving the slider) Your vi is supposed to respond to the user input by starting and stopping the seleted cycles in response to the user moving the car and elapsed time in the correct position.  Since you failed to understand the "User's Story" you provided a solution that missed the target by a mile.  

Overall style isn't aweful BUT! get those decssriptions and tips on all user controls to tell the user what it is and what happens if he presses it.  

Those wash options would be a lot easier to actually apply if you had rethought the timeout case and what it was doing.  Perhaps even rethought the design pattern.  Cramming a simple sort-of state machine into a timeout case was probably your biggest mistake.  

Try it again.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(10,959 Views)

Thank You for review.

Yes, I have problems with my english, Smiley Sad so I read the requirements again and finally understood what about is that story, I hope now everything about functionality is right... 

Please review my new version of Car_Wash. And also please write, with this kind of code how many points can I get (I know that exam actually is more difficult, but I want to know is my documentation and programming style passable for this examination? )...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,926 Views)

You have some problems in there.

• How do you expect the Stop Value change event to be processed?  You've configured an event that is not reachable in code while the wash is in progress that VC event code may not execute!
  • How to you detect WHEN the user moves the car out of position and pause the cycle timer.  You must respond to the user moving the vechile position within 100mSec
  • Why aren't errors reported to the main vi and appropriate action taken to safely shut down? You don't have a single error in or error out cluster on any sub-vi and no error handling in main.  You won't just loose points for this it may end any chance of passing!  Error handling is basic and well covered in the style guide.
  • I'm not sure what you would call that design pattern.  It resembles no basic design pattern that is covered in LabVIEW Core2.  Have you taken any of the on-line training?  Core3 mod 14 even specifically covers selecting an appropriate design pattern.

Essentially, hit the books! You demonstate enough familiararity with the IDE but not the concepts covered by the CLD exam.  Remember your goal in to demonstrate that you can apply good design choices not just good wiring.  CLD is very likely achievable for you but you need to be familliar with the concepts covered in Core 1-3.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,915 Views)

Hello

Please review my CLD sample exam solution (Security System)... and what do you think how many points can I get with this kind of style? thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,749 Views)

Hi, I have also solution for Sprinkler Controller... I think this solution is better, than previous my solutions, am I right?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,725 Views)

Sorry, in previous message (Security System), I sent solution with lost ctl-s, this one contains all controls.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,706 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,649 Views)

Hello.

ATM solution. Please review.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,642 Views)

@TamaraDan wrote:

Hello.

ATM solution. Please review.

I am going to repeat myself

"I'm not sure what you would call that design pattern.  It resembles no basic design pattern that is covered in LabVIEW Core2.  Have you taken any of the on-line training?  Core3 mod 14 even specifically covers selecting an appropriate design pattern"

It is cleaner than I recall form your previous attempts but I want you to rubber duck this section of code (see the link for what I mean by rubber ducking)

Capture.PNG

If you actually did discribe what is going on here in words .... you might just laugh at yourself.  It would be a good exercize in any event

Do NOT read the spoiler until you have tried it.

Spoiler
"Read the data from the FGV, use another subvi to act on selected data, Pass that modified data back into the data array guessing what data element (index 3 hard coded!) to jam it into,  Stuff it back into the FGV then Re-read the FGV data and overwrite the same data you just wrote with itself before saving it to disk"  Is that duck looking at you funny? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,611 Views)