cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD documentation in native language

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm from Mexico.

I'd like to do my CLD exam in this year, but my english is not very good.

Can I make the exam's documentation in my native language (Spanish)?

My exam will be reviewed in The United States.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,495 Views)

Manuel,

I would email certification@ni.com to get an answer directly from them.  They should get back to you in 1-2 business days.

I would be surprised if they didn't let you.  This exam shows how well you can write functional, well-documented LabVIEW code and not how well you can speak english.

Again though, I would just email them.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 9
(6,470 Views)

Hi, Jacobson

Thanks for your aswer.

I am going to send a email. I hope the answer is "Yes".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,451 Views)

Post back with the reply so others can save the trouble.

I strongly suspesct that any of the languages that ship with the SRL would be available:

English

French

Simplified Chineese

German

Japanese

Korean

Spanish is not on the list Smiley Surprised  So I don't rightly know what the answer will be

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 9
(6,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manuel_Ruiz
Hi,
today NI aswered my mail, and the answer was "YES".
I may make my documentation in my native language
🙂 .
Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
(6,418 Views)

Good to hear that, thanks for posting the response and marking it as the answer as well.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,402 Views)

This sorta gets me thinking.  Does NI even read the comments for correct content?  I wonder if someone just looks for N comments for so much code, and the comment needs to be more than a few words.  I know NI uses some customized VI Analyzer tools so counting comments, and measuring code complexity would be quite easy.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,362 Views)

Hi,

The documentation requirements are to show the ability to place documentation in the correct location, such as tip strips, file properties, and within cases.   The "quality" of the documentation is not evaluated.  It is assumed that the documentation would be relevant and correct. We discuss this on the preparation videos.  If a person wants to just type in random text, it would probably take more time, but we would not take off points. 

One of the benefits of relevant, short, documentation, is that as a person goes through the four hours, good documentation can help with troubleshooting or adding functionality.  Remembering what a case is doing, when coded two hours previous, is helpful.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,332 Views)

Bearing in mind that VIA is run....

The documentation requirements are to show the ability to place documentation in the correct location, such as tip strips, file properties, and within cases.   The "quality" of the documentation is not evaluated.  It is assumed that the documentation would be relevant and correct.

Properly placed random text would pass the documentation test but, trigger the spell checker hard!  So would Spanish or any other language not supported by the VIA library.  

Of course such esoteric questions about random text vs meaningful documentation are moot since all CLD candidates have been properly documenting their code for some time.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,324 Views)