cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Which language for LV environnement

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I'm French and I want to prepare myself for CLD exam.
But to be well prepared, I need to know the language selected by NI during the installation of LabVIEW.
Do they use the local language (French in my case) or English ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,368 Views)

Hi Adeline,

The CLD is available in French, with a French install of LabVIEW. However, you will need to coordinate this when you schedule the exam. You can work with a local NI representative to ensure that you have the correct language at the testing location.

Regards,

Daniel

Message 2 of 8
(6,357 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, I mainly use English version, and I don't want to switch for French one...

I don't have contact with local NI representative. I will try on French speaker forum. I may can choose my language... (crossed finger)

Best regards,

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,351 Views)

Finally, I called the local NI representative.

It's possible to choose the language during the registration.

In France, it's even possible to have LabVIEW in English, and the examination documents in the local language.

Adeline.

Message 4 of 8
(6,300 Views)

@A._Dek... wrote:

Finally, I called the local NI representative.

It's possible to choose the language during the registration.

In France, it's even possible to have LabVIEW in English, and the examination documents in the local language.

Adeline.

Well DONE!  Thank you for pointing this out.  I hope many language barriers may be scoffed at after you gave us that piece of information!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by A._Dek...

Dear all,

I prepared my CLD with an English version of LabVIEW.

I was feeling ready for the exam planned in 2 weeks, and today NI called me : finally, it's not possible Smiley Surprised

It's quite disappointing, and I'm particularly angry...

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,801 Views)

Hi Adeline,

I was surprised I had to take the exam in French, I'd rather take it in English... But it's mainly a LabVIEW exam (you just have to figure out what they want you to do) so the language did not mather much.

How well did you do?

CLA is in English so hopefully you'll have your revenge!

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,783 Views)

Hi Roderic,

it's just that I often use quickdrop, and the name is different in French and in English...

I spent several hours during my week end, to translate all the Daren's shortcuts, and other common functions, for French environnement.

But NI just called me again : they will install one PC in English.

They maybe will call me next week to change their mind once again... who knows ?

For the CLA, I don't think I will try it...

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,781 Views)