Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLD] When do you have to copy the project to disk

As I am in the last 10 days before I take my first CLD Exam I was wondering if anyone knows when you have to copy the Exam project to disk?  I am hoping it could be when the proctor says time up.  

LeMur Technology Services, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,574 Views)

Well,

You won't be the first person to be scared on the first attempt towards CLD.

To be honest, I failed my first attempt at both the CLD Practical exam and the CLD re-cert exam.

I passed with 39 on both retests.

NO-ONE I know has ever said "That was easy" after sitting the CLD practical exam. (and, I know LabVIEW Champions that sat that examSmiley Surprised!) AND GREAT!  you Want that certification to mean something!- be prepared !  As you sit down remember, You want to prove something! (what do you wish to prove and why, is another thread I'd love to read)

If you want specific advice,  read some of the most kudosed threads on this forum... or ask less general questions.....

The CLD exam will ask you to demonstrate that you can apply a recognizable software design pattern to deliver a solution using LabVEW.

I would love to help more... you gave me generalities...  I hope I have helped.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,569 Views)

This is pure hearsay since it has been a long time since I took the CLD.  But I'm pretty sure they do not consider the copying of the files as part of the exam.  So it is done once time is up.  That's how it went for me.  Last I heard, it is still that way.

The CLD is not exactly easy, but it is not nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to me.  Even my boss passed and he didn't even finish.  A good friend of mine passed even though he hadn't even touched LabVIEW for at least a year (I mentored him A LOT during the previous year).

If you are worried about losing time due to copying of files, then I'd say you need to practice more.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,556 Views)

I'll start by saying that I think the copying is not part of the exam, but it has been many years since I took the CLD exam.

Your final answer will be to ask the proctor before you start the exam.  Then you have the official plan.

Wire Warrior

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,544 Views)

After the 4hrs, you will be given a few minutes to copy code and check the USB drive before turning it in.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,538 Views)