Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Tips - you can't have too many

@mblair wrote:

Upon opening my exam ( I won't say which it was ) I was faced with a number of elements that I had to manipulate that never appeared in any of the practices.

What were these elements?  You can speak in general terms.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 21 of 68
(7,782 Views)

Thanks Slim.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 68
(7,779 Views)

Hi Crossrulz:
Time Stamps, initializing them to past dates, and having a real time clock running and displayed the whole time the application is running.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 68
(7,778 Views)

Time stamps you say ?

time stamp forum.JPG

CLD success package exercise number seven has an exercise and challenge to refresh developers on that topic.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 68
(7,765 Views)

Hi Mark R....
Yes, parsing a time stamp is pretty easy, and is the extent of CLD 7 from the prep kit. Back dating a starting point and calculating an elapsed time relative to that was what flummoxed me.

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

Message 25 of 68
(7,756 Views)

@mblair wrote:

Hi Mark R....
Yes, parsing a time stamp is pretty easy, and is the extent of CLD 7 from the prep kit. Back dating a starting point and calculating an elapsed time relative to that was what flummoxed me.

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

Thank you for sharing the experience and lessons learned!  And next time, just use a DBL indicator with a relative time display format.Smiley Wink  and Scale it M=1 B= some negative value.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 68
(7,734 Views)

Hi mblair and Jelf-P-Bohrer,

I dont understand your reply, Can you please explain me clearly?

Thanks

Durai S

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 68
(7,076 Views)

@453443474 wrote:

I dont understand your reply, Can you please explain me clearly?

I think they are talking about this, where numeric controls and constants can have their display formatted into time for easy math manipulation.

Message 28 of 68
(7,072 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to appear for CLD exam in two weeks. Really I am scared about the exam question. I practiced sample exams available in NI's website. As of now, completing the exam in 4hours is my concern. I keep on practising for this.

Just I want to know how the Exam question would be? i heard that exam question is harder than example questions.Is it correct? If so, can you some tips to pass eam successfully?

Thanks

Durai S

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 68
(7,066 Views)

You may want to start a new thread, it sounds like you have many questions that would probably be best answered separately.  Even so here is a thread talking about the difficulty versus the practice exams.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/CLD-Actual-Exam-vs-Examples/td-p/3082825

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 68
(7,061 Views)