Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Suggestion for next try

I have failed in first attemp and Suggestion for next try.

I have few query if anybody can answer then it will very helpful in 2 attempt.

1. Its necessary to connect the controls to connector pane of main VI??

2. Is there any detection of marks if using express VI.

3. Is it necessary to make costume control as strict type def. and change the connector pattern to 16 terminal??

4. Is it necessary to give meaningful icon to custom control.??

5. i have been using VI analyzer, i have noticed that if only one line documentation on the VI property and on the block diagram then VI analyser not displaying style error.
Can i just write very small amount of text, may be one line text only..

6. Is there any mark detection for using simple state machine or simple design pattern.

7. Is it possible to get the full marks for documentation and for style even half or more than half the coding has been done.

8.Is there any duration between attempting retake CLD again.

Warm Regards
Hemant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,638 Views)

Hi Hemant, I am sorry you did not pass this time, but good for you to go back and try again. I don't know if I can answer all your questions, but here goes:

1. I got dinged for not connecting my main VI, which I thought was silly. I guess you might as well just play their game and do it...

2. No, express VIs should be fine. The only one I can really think of being useful is the timing one, but if you practice a little you can make a timing FGV in under 5 mins.

3. Not sure I understand this one, but I think a type def would be fine for your custom controls. I would leave the default connector pane for the main VI, and use the 4-3-3-4 for any subVIs you make.

4. I think you should give it a black box with text inside.

5. Yes, one line of documentation should be fine.

6. No, I think part of the challenge is realizing the simplest architecture you can use to complete the problem. This will help you complete the time goal more easily.

7. I would think you can get full marks on those while not having full functionality, but if you think you can only get half the program coded I would hold off on the retake. On the day of the test you will be a little more nervous and there may be a curveball requirement, so make sure you can get through the examples in about 3:30 before going for the actual test.

8. I don't think so, but I read somewhere about a requirement of waiting 3 months before retaking part of the embedded developer's exam, so you may need to double check. I think you might also get a discount on a re-take, so definitely call NI before scheduling.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,622 Views)

Thanks gergoryj for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,609 Views)

Main.vi should need no wired terminals.  (Controls / indicators on connector pane) If you honestly got dinged for that I'd like to see the report and NI Cert needs do do some internal training.  More likely you got dinged for "Wired Terminals not on root BD" and miss interperated the comment (or it was errornously written in an ambigeous manner)

On short comment for each sub-diagram should be sufficient documentation.  BUT, the comment should be meaningful!  VI Analizer looks for comment presence and can spell check but, it cannot judge clarity or accuracy of the comment - That is all on you!  The developer that winds up maintaining your code in the future may run itno you some day - Don't make him hate you before you meet.

You do need NI Certification's blessing to attempt CLD, and higher exams anyhow, the e-mail is still certification@ni.com  They will be more than happy to respond to that question

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,265 Views)