Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Success Package

First, thanks for these exercises. They seem to be well targeted toward problems we have to solve in the sample exams.

About CLD 11: can anybody comment on whether they used a producer-consumer like this? I like the design for a lot of projects, but wonder if the add'l coding time is worth it for the exam.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(11,240 Views)

First of all, thanks for the great exercises.

As I was completing the exercises, I was wondering if there any answers/discussions to the

follow-up questions at the end of each exercise pdf files.

namely the one like this.

screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(11,143 Views)

Hi doradorachan,

We have not documented exact answers to those questions. They are intended to make you think about your own solution and the provided solution. If there are specific questions you would like to discuss in more detail, I encourage you to post your questions on the forums -- I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be glad to help.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(11,102 Views)

In the solution of the exercice 5, for writing of data to configuration file, there is one logic error. I attach snapshot, and you can see, that sections names are taken automatically via the function. And then, they are indexed, and values are written to the sections. But - if structure of the config file will be changed (simply two sections will be swaped in the file), the function will return another order of sections names. And then, data will be written not correctly to the file.

My suggestion is, that if we now structure of ini file, we can use array of section names (constant), and we write data, based on indexing of this array. What do you think, please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(10,125 Views)

Hello

I'm CLAD certified. Right now im preparing for my CLD exam facing problem in FGV Timer.
So is there any helpful link or video file from where I can get help on dis particular topic(FGV) used in exercise 3 of CLD Suceess Package using pause button.
Awaiting for positive reply ,hope I get help regarding FGV Timer and I get clear with doubts.
Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(9,943 Views)

@achalabhi wrote:

Hello

I'm CLAD certified. Right now im preparing for my CLD exam facing problem in FGV Timer.
So is there any helpful link or video file from where I can get help on dis particular topic(FGV) used in exercise 3 of CLD Suceess Package using pause button.
Awaiting for positive reply ,hope I get help regarding FGV Timer and I get clear with doubts.
Thanks,

The topic comes up often. While NI provides many timing vis with general utility, a reliable "Timer" that has specialized features is usually a "Roll-your-Own" solution.  Timer with Pause is a common use case.  I'm curious what you have tried (show your attempt) then look at this link  By looking at your attempt we can offer advice on concepts that you might want to brush up on "Teach you to fish" rather than pointing to examples "giving you a fish".

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(9,941 Views)

Since the subject came up here about Starting the error chain in main.vi

Car Wash and Boiler solutions use a USR to init the error chain-  Is there a reason why we would preserve the error between runs? or is this an oversight and the SRs were really meant to be initiallized with a default error cluster?  

And while tweaking that - lets offer some consistancy on ending with a simpler error handler

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(9,786 Views)

Hello All,

I have one doubt in CLD 9 exercise.

1. Application should be in state one for 5 second and move to state
to next state after the 5 Seconds.

2. But after the 5 seconds, application is not being going to next
state immediately as there is 100 ms delay due to wait function(use
for utilizing 100% of CPU).

3. Requirement is that application should be in state one for 5
second(LED should blow for 5 seconds) only but due to 100 ms delay LED
is blowing for 5 seconds + 100ms.

My doubt is that in every sample exam or in CLD success package,
requirement is that LED should blow for specific time but due to wait
function(used for not utilizing 100%CPU time), LED is being blowing
more than the Specified time due to wait function.

Please help to understand this issue as this is the the main part of CLD exam.

Warm Regards
Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(8,718 Views)

Please find my solution for CLD 15 (Text string parsing), Please share your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(7,755 Views)

Awesome Package Mark,

Further if anyone aspring CLD and CLA need professional help, Grafitects provides the proven trainings for both CLD and CLA Preparations.

These trainings are designed by CLA and LabVIEW Champion. 142 CLDs and CLA has been trained already.

Experience of training more than 300 LabVIEW professionals, scientists, engineers, and students

For LabVIEW CLD trainings: https://grafitects/make-me-cld(https://grafitects/make-me-cld)

For LabVIEW CLA trainings: https://grafitects/make-me-cla(https://grafitects/make-me-cla)

For CLD Printed Training Manual (Shipped worldwide): https://grafitects.com/cld-printed-manual

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(4,280 Views)