Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Success Package

Is the test using LV 2012? Has it changed yet to 2013?

I have been using 2012 for the past year.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(11,696 Views)

If you take the exam at an NI center, it will likely have 2013.  But that shouldn't hurt you at all.  Everything is still pretty much where it was before.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(11,686 Views)

Hi, I would like to mention a (small) coding mistake in the solution of CLD 11. When you open the solution and navigate to the Error Check of the producer you see this:

2013-12-06 15_09_57-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

So after a diagram cleanup of this section it expands to this:

2013-12-06 15_13_48-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

I don't know what the intention of the original programmer was but I guess he/she mend this:

2013-12-06 15_16_00-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

Edit: a bit nore scrolling to the right (error handler) gave me this beauty:

2013-12-06 15_20_33-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(11,485 Views)

@TimBotsM wrote:

Hi, I would like to mention a (small) coding mistake in the solution of CLD 11. When you open the solution and navigate to the Error Check of the producer you see this:

2013-12-06 15_09_57-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

So after a diagram cleanup of this section it expands to this:

2013-12-06 15_13_48-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

I don't know what the intention of the original programmer was but I guess he/she mend this:

2013-12-06 15_16_00-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

Edit: a bit nore scrolling to the right (error handler) gave me this beauty:

2013-12-06 15_20_33-CLD 11 Producer consumer events solution.vi Block Diagram on CLD 11 Producer Con.png

That is actually a conversion from the old Merge Error function.  If you look in the VI properties as soon as you open the VIs, you will see that they were written in LabVIEW 2009.  The new(er) Merge Error that expands and is way faster was done in 2010.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(11,482 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@TimBotsM wrote:

That is actually a conversion from the old Merge Error function.  If you look in the VI properties as soon as you open the VIs, you will see that they were written in LabVIEW 2009.  The new(er) Merge Error that expands and is way faster was done in 2010.

Ok that explains a lot since the error is twice in the VI and why they are alligned so nicely on the block diagram. It could be a idea to mention this in the "CLD success package users guide" so other users are aware of this.

However, next I'm wondering if the converter in LabVIEW shouldn't convert this to the 2012/2013 version instead of this strange edition.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(11,479 Views)

Your space bar may be broken.

@Cust_Cert_NI wrote:

Hi,

That is a result of down converting as mentioned.   This occurs because we down copnvert theVI'sto , inthiscase, 2009.   Asapolicyforconvenienceto ourcustomersweprovidematerialsonlineinaversionthatisthreeversionsbehind.

Or, maybe, your thumbs...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 16 of 30
(11,451 Views)

Hi,  repost

That is a result of down converting as mentioned.   This occurs because we down covert theVI's to , in this case2009.   As policy for convenience to our customers we provide materials online in version that is three versions behind.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(11,444 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Your space bar may be broken.

@Cust_Cert_NI wrote:

Hi,

That is a result of down converting as mentioned.   This occurs because we down copnvert theVI'sto , inthiscase, 2009.   Asapolicyforconvenienceto ourcustomersweprovidematerialsonlineinaversionthatisthreeversionsbehind.

Or, maybe, your thumbs...

(That's why I only use two fingers when typing)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(11,428 Views)

Hi,

Just want to say that I found the Sucess Package a great help. I take the CLD exam in January, and having failed it last year found feel that I am in with a better chance having worked through the exercises.

Going to watch the videos next then try some of the sample exams.

Thanks Helen

CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(11,415 Views)

Hi Helen,

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad you find it helpful!

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(11,412 Views)