Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Solution for Review

Kindly Evaluate My CLD solution for Sample Exam Sprinkler Controller... 

Thanks & Regards

Varaprasath M
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,563 Views)

Hi,  your code is in LV2013 - are you able to sublit it in 2012?

Helen

CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,408 Views)

Well you have a few problems.  Your timer is not functional!  once it elapses the first time you can no longer reset it! 

You will take a point for wired terminals not on root diagram.  A quick search should get you here

I'm not a big fan of depending on the timeout event to do most of the heavy lifting-  But if the timer was fixed- it works.

Nice job on the tip-strips and discriptions. Overall well documented!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 8
(6,394 Views)

Thanks for the Review... I will correct my mistakes in the future developement , I have written my CLD exam and waiting to get a positive result

Regards

Varaprasath M 

Thanks & Regards

Varaprasath M
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,387 Views)

This is my solution for Boiler...

Thanks. 

Vaspur

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,230 Views)

Hi,

I have solved the Boiler Control example, as part of my CLD practice.

Can you guys please review it?

Thanks in advance.

Vaspur

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,216 Views)

Looks pretty clean, but I have not looked at it in detail.

Here are a few notes:

• Isn't this supposed to be inside a project?
  • I hate it when diagrams are maximized to the screen (main VI and file I/O vi)
  • You have an existing log file and if I run the VI, new data gets appended. The problem is that the existing entries have a comma as decimal seperators, while the new entries (run in the US) have a decimal point. This could confuse a program that later might analyze the logs. You should decide on a wordwide format.
  • To blink the pilot, you can create a direct property node for the button inside the cluster (right-click button on the front panel...create....property node. see image below). No need to get all control references and index out one. (even if you get all the boiler control references, that only needs to be done once outside the loop and not every time it is needed.
  • As has been said by jeff above, terminals of subVIs should be on the toplevel diagram, and not buried inside case structures.
  • In the file I/O subVI (open file case), you only handle error 7. Shouldn't you handle all errors somehow? For example if the file is "read only", you would get error 8.
  • It would seem more easy to format "event" and "event data" into a single string in the main VI. Now you only need one feedback node to see if anything changed. The combination of strings and numerics can easily be done with single formatting statements.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,191 Views)

Hi,

I have solved the Car Wash example, as part of my CLD practice.

Can you guys please review it?

Thanks in advance.

Vaspur

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,140 Views)