From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Preparation (online) session

Solved!
Go to solution

I have registered for the online CLD Preparation Session. The confirmation email I received instructed me to download course materials and provided a link. The linked website provides a long list of training materials, but nothing specific to CLD preparation. I assume I need one of the LabVIEW Core packages.

Does anyone know which training package I should download? I want to be sure I am properly prepared for the session (24 Feb 2017).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaynardGee

Can you share the link from the confirmation e-mail?  It might be wrong, in which case NI C&T may owe you a follow-up clairification e-mail.

Outside of that, The Online prep session is likely to cover much of the material in the CLD Success Package  Available as a *.zip at that link.  The other download from there are also very good resources.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,305 Views)

The On-line Training session was cancelled by NI, so now it doesn't matter. I won't have time to take Advantage of this Training as my CLD test is next week. But thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,256 Views)

Hi MaynardGee, 

Can you tell me where you signed up for that prep session? I'm one of the presenters and I'm not aware of any upcoming exam prep sessions until April (http://us.ni.com/webcasts/certification-prep).

There is a recorded CLD webinar which contains the same material as the live ones, but without the Q&A section. 

Link to recorded session: http://www.ni.com/webcast/3064/en/

Hopefully this helps. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,251 Views)

I "tried" to register via the link the link in my CLD registration confirmation email, but the link did not work. A NI (not Windows) Page not Found was displayed.

From my confirmation email:

NEU! Seit kurzem bieten wir einen CLD Prüfungsvorbereitungskurs (online) an. Der Kurs ist für alle bereits angemeldeten CLD Prüfungsteilnehmer kostenlos. Termine hierfür finden Sie im Internet.

The training coordinator that had been helping me, directly registered me for the course and I received a confirmation email (and then a week later a course cancellation email). The training was scheduled to take place on February 24.

Note that I'm taking the exam in Munich, Germany. I see that your email address is NI US. I assume there are different schedules in different countries/languages.

Thanks for the Webcast link. I'll definitely check it out this Weekend!

It's not a big deal that I missed the training as I'm very well prepared. In the last 6 months I've spent about 300 hours going through the CLD Success Package and Sample Exams. Even though I have working nearly exclusively with LabVIEW since 2005 (about 75% of my work since 2005), I would not have a chance of passing the exam without extensive preparation. Now I think I have a Chance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,246 Views)

Hi MaynardGee, 

Ah, that explains it - I am based in Austin. The regional branches do host their own preparation webcasts. Sorry to hear that one was cancelled, but the material should be very similar to the published webcast. 

It sounds like you have prepared well for the exam though. Best of luck!

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,241 Views)