Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Prep Car Wash 2nd Attempt

Hello again,

Attached is a zipped LabVIEW 2014 project with my second attempt at the Car Wash practice exam. My first attempt was not worthy of consideration. While it had many similarities to the solution from the exam prep kit, my timing vi was unnecessarily complicated, and caused me many problems. Only after completing my first attempt did I look at the solution, and was very impressed with the simple elegance of its timing control. So my second attempt keeps a lot from my first, including the array of states to control the wash sequence as used in the solution, but leans on the solution's timing architecture.

Once again, I appreciate all of the helpful comments I've received on past practice attempts.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,944 Views)

This looks great.

I really can't find anything to comment on.  There are some things you could try as a practice if you wanted:

Try creating a single run state and expand your array of wash enums to a cluster to contain enough information to make your top level VI agnostic to what wash you are currently on.  Basicly you go from a state for each wash type to one 'run' state and all your configuration for the wash run lives in your array. You've got some repeated code in their that could be condensed down.  This is a good practice in abstraction that I did when I worked on this test.  Excellent work and best wishes on your upcoming exam.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,652 Views)