cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Documents

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am planning to take CLD might be in march. So i already started preparing for the same and completed the  'LabVIEW Style Book'.

Is there any other documents/books need to take. If so mention their names and guide me the right direction.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,270 Views)

Good practise would to try and complete the CLD examples online and post your solution here for feedback. This is probably one of the best methods to prepare for the exam. When you work on the example try to keep to the 4 hour time limit.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silver_Shaper

Hi SaC,

When you say the LabVIEW Style Book, do you mean The LabVIEW Style Book by Peter A Blume?

Other sources for preparation include:

CLD Exam Preparation eKit. This contains the Preparation Guide with a list of topics covered and information about how your exam will be evaluated. You can also download the Sample Exams Mark mentioned.

I also recommend watching the 30 minute CLD Exam Preparation webcast. In it, Zaki, the Exam Developer, walks you through exam details and how to prepare.

The Preparation Guide references topics from the LabVIEW Style Checklist (LV 2011).

The Preparation Guide also references materials from LabVIEW Core 1-3 and LabVIEW Performance. These are training courses that National Instruments offers. You can register for courses with live instructors or purchase the manuals for self-paced independent study (from the links, scroll down and click on the course you are interested in).

Finally, I have heard from many people that Darren Nattinger's (an NI R&D Employee and CLA) blog The LabVIEW Artisan is extremely helpful. Here is his Preparing for the CLD post.

Hope this helps!

Mallori M.

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
Message 3 of 4
(7,234 Views)

Hello everyone. 

I'm preparing for CLD exam. I've tried to do ATM sample. And I cannot finish it within 4 hours. Here is the code, I've done.

Can you please check it, and told me, have I chance to pass the exam?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,374 Views)