Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Car Wash Solution Error

Hi All

Studying for the CLD exam and practicing the Car Wash Example. The requirements in the exam state "Note The High Pressure wash step is the default wash. If the user did not select High Pressure wash, or if the user did not select any options, High Pressure wash must be added to the options after the user click start" The solution posted on the NI website as part of the downloadable study package does fulfill these requirements. If no wash options are manually selected then yes 'High Pressure wash' is automatically selected and run. However if wash options are manually selected (but not High Pressure wash) then high pressure wash is not run. Or have i just downloaded a dodgy copy?

If this is a 'pucker' solution then i hope the examiners on the day look a bit more closely.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,201 Views)

Don't look too closely at the solution.  It was meant purely to show architectures and general concepts.  Furthermore, it was not a PERFECT solution.  It was a PASSING solution.  That example was actually somebody's submission for a CLD and they passed.  If there was a functionality missing, that would not be surprising.  A few points marked off, but still passing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,190 Views)

From the page you downloaded the solution: "In order to help you prepare for the Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) exam, we have provided a sample question and a sample solution. Although it is not perfect, the solution works as specified in the exam requirements. Therefore, it is an example of a passing exam."

Really, it sounds like you haven't taken the time to prepare for the CLD if this is where you're letting yourself get hung up.  15/40 points are functionality.  25/40 are based on style and documentation.  It's inexcusable to miss points on the 25/40 section.  If you take care of those points, you don't need to be anywhere near perfect in functionality to pass the CLD.  Don't focus so heavily on the tiny functionality details.  Instead, understand the primary concepts: timing, file IO, and the architecture you intend to use.  If you understand those three things and can handle the style/documentation, you have nothing to worry about.

Message 3 of 4
(5,175 Views)

I think I got four points on functionality and still passed.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,158 Views)