From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Architecture, error handling and some other stuff..

Hello everyone,

I am about to take my CLD in 2 weeks and I have a few questions 

1. I intend to use the Queued Message Handler template with Message Queue and User event libraries, Will using the library result in point deduction?

2. Is a Simple Error Handler VI to throw a dialog enough?

3. In LabVIEW core 3, a global variable is used to update all string based status. Can this method be used?

4. Can Functional Global Variables be used for flagging?

5. Can Local variables be used to update indicators? if not should I use property nodes?

6. Do coercion dots result in point deduction?

And Could you tell me about the easily unnoticable things that make us lose points, if such a thing exits..

Regards

Goku

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,405 Views)

1. If you mean using the template, that is fine. You can only use templates that ship with LabVIEW.

2. It depends on the requirement, you may be asked to simply abort the application on error. If no requirement is given, showing a dialog may be appropriate.

3. Sure, but the CLD exams usually only have one "main" VI, so there may not be much status to update.

4. Sure, but you could also just store it in the shift register of your main VI.

5. Sure, but it's best to wire directly to the indicator if you can.

6. I don't know, but you usually want to be consistent with your data types. 

Do as many real, timed, practice tests as you can before the test. Or at least as many as it takes to get your time down to ~3:15, because the actual test will probably take a little bit longer. Make sure to add tip strips to your main VI controls. They like it if you wrap all of your SubVIs in an "error/no error" case structure. I think it's a little cumbersome, but for the test you should do it.

Message 2 of 4
(3,381 Views)

Hi gregory,

Thanks for the answers and tips. 3 more questions

1. Is the pass percentage 70 or 75%? I saw different NI documents with different numbers               (perhaps I saw an old one..)

2. Is the Front Panel provided as a VI or a screen shot?

3. I have the ATM, car wash, boiler controller and sprinkler system sample papers to practice.         Are there any more?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,330 Views)

1.Its 70%

2.Vi With Controls

3.Still more like Security System and traffic light but actual questions will be different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4
(3,326 Views)