Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Actual Exam vs Examples

Solved!
Go to solution

Please hep me, wether the actual CLD exam is similar to Examples avilable in the NI site?

or any diffence.I am prepareing for the CLD exam. please suggest some one who completed the CLD exam.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(20,129 Views)

I've been told by several recent CLDs that the exam is really close to the practice exams.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 29
(20,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by patibandla

@patibandla wrote:

Please hep me, wether the actual CLD exam is similar to Examples avilable in the NI site?

or any diffence.I am prepareing for the CLD exam. please suggest some one who completed the CLD exam.Smiley Mad

Yes, they are pretty close. The real CLD test is maybe a bit more complex, but should not be a problem  if you go through the sample exams, the success package tasks and take some time to think about the listed exam scenarios. The exam scenarios of the real test are shortly described in the CLD preparation material (I guess you aleady know this).

Best regards,

CsabaF
Message 3 of 29
(20,106 Views)

I took the CLD a few months ago and I'd say the actual one is a little more difficult than the practice exams.  If you feel confident with the practice ones, you'll probably do fine on the real one.

If you want some help feel free to post on the certification board.  You can post some of your work and see what others think.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/bd-p/Certification

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(20,078 Views)

One of my Favorite NI employees summerized the certification process with a great presentation to the Minneappolis LUG

details on the CLD exam start on pg 45 of that presentation.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(20,055 Views)

The actual CLD is a bit more stressful for most people than sitting and programming on your own computer but if you look at all of the exercises and do a practice exam or two I don't think you will be surprised at anything.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(20,042 Views)

CLAD, CLD, and CLA are very similar to practice exams IMHO.

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(19,959 Views)

Seeing as I just took my CLD last Friday (2/6), I can say they are in general very similiar.  I had the Thermostat Controller problem which is a mix between the Boiler and the Sprinkler sample exams. I used all the sample exams that I could find but in hindsight some of the older ones from 2004 were probably not worth my time. The most challenging aspect of the exam is definately the time constraint.  Given an extra hour I'm sure I could have done fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(19,943 Views)

Just openned your link to the .ppt file and found the info on slides 71-73 to be very helpful, thanks!

Message 9 of 29
(19,941 Views)

@LesPeters wrote:

Given an extra hour I'm sure I could have done fine.

Seems to be the feeling of most people as they leave.  I felt that if I had 30 more minutes I could have gotten complete functionality.  Regardless of how much I knew it didn't really matter it was very hard for me to spend the last bit of time I had moving wires around instead of making it work.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(19,923 Views)