Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD questions gotten alot tougher?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have heard that CLAD questions got alot more tougher than previous years & sample questions due to time-to-time updates of LabVIEW versions and I have tried the sample questions personally. They aren't really difficult questions in my opinions. 

I have read up the course manuals and tried the exercises multiple times but still lacking in confidence to take the exam. Any recent experiences to verify the rumours above?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AaronInnovate

Yes ofcourse its bit tough than the sample question papers,if you go through Manuals you can clear sample exams but real hands on experience is required to clear Current CLAD exam. But nothing to worry if you are using LabVIEW for Development.

Make sure you are clear with Most of the LabVIEW Functions Like Arrays and its default behaviour.

For Example : Delete from array without providing index, delets which element?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5
(5,308 Views)

@AaronInnovate wrote:

Any recent experiences to verify the rumours above?

Instead of further spreading rumors, please provide a link that verifies what you "heard". It is NOT true!

(If anything, the questions and answers have become clearer and less ambiguous).

The exams are similar to the example questions, different, but not more difficult. It also has nothing to do with new LabVIEW versions. None of the questions will be about exotic or obscure new features, they all deal with core programming rules that have been true forever and are version independent for any newer LabVIEW version.

In order to pass the CLAD, you need to learn LabVIEW programming. Take the tutorials. Look at the examples. Write your own programs. Play with functions to see what they do.

Once you know the basics of programming in LabVIEW, you will pass the test. If you try to take shortcuts by simply memorizing the answers to the example exams, you will fail. Guaranteed. 😄

Message 3 of 5
(5,270 Views)

HI Smiley Happy 

Even me too. Actually i am preparing for the exam since Apr 2016 but i am unable to get confidence over the CLAD. 

The Daily CLAD blog https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/DailyCLAD is the popular and best resource for preparing the CLAD exam. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,208 Views)

I have cleared the CLAD last week and my thoughts towards CLAD are:

Just be cautious with the questions, read it again and again to make sure you have understood what the question really ask "Not the benefits, best approach, except, etc and etc"...

In terms of difficulty, as long as you have cleared the sample exams and know the concepts well, (iteration starts from 0, while loop executes at least once, bla bla), practice on the default behaviour of all functions (array, string...) you are good to go! It's not something extremely difficult or entirely different compared to sample exams in my opinion/

Sorry for the rumours. and Happy CLAD!

Message 5 of 5
(5,172 Views)