Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD expiration after failing 1st CLD attempt

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what happens in this scenario:  My CLAD expires February 11th.  I scheduled my CLD for January 16th, thinking that would be plenty of time to take it again if I failed.  Now I'm realizing that it taks about one month to get results, which would be after my CLAD expires.  Isn't CLAD a pre-requisite for the CLD exam?  Am I hosed if I fail the first time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,276 Views)

Matt,

From our website 

Suspended (Expired)

Suspended status results if a certified individual does not pass either:

• The recertification exam OR
  • The exam for the next level of certification OR
  • Does not recertify by points

prior to the expiration date of the certification.  In the suspended state, the following changes occur:

• The individual’s name is removed from the list of certified professionals on ni.com.  
  • The individual will not be allowed to take the exam for the next level of certification without first recertifying at the current level.

Suspended status is cleared and changed to Active upon passing the recertification exam within a year of the date of suspension.  

Full Link: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9605/en/

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,271 Views)

Translation: since you are a CLAD, if you failed the CLD then you will need to take the CLAD again.  But talk with your local NI rep and the NI training department.  I have seen them give a little leeway on dates due to scheduled proctoring and other things.  But don't be surprised if they make you take the CLAD again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,253 Views)

The simplest path would be to pass the CLD on Friday.  Smiley Wink  Good Luck!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,237 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

The simplest path would be to pass the CLD on Friday.  Smiley Wink  Good Luck!

Yep, that's what I'll shoot for!  I've been practicing creating an FGV timer with pause and using starting with the producer/consumer event template.  Hopefully a couple things like that can shave off a few minutes!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,231 Views)