Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA attempt, request comment and feedback

I decided to swallow my pride and post my  4 hour attempt at the CLA - Elevator example.

I find that I continually run out of time and I need a lot of improvement.

Any comments or advice is welcome!  I take the exam in ten days.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,104 Views)

I take the CLA exam in 10 days.  This is my latest 4 hour time exam attempt.

I am looking for honest eval and good advice.  I know that I have a lot of room for improvement.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,106 Views)

Hi Pathdinder101,

Are there any specific parts of the code that you would like us to look at? Have you compared it to the sample solution provided? 

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13477

Good luck studying!

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,034 Views)

JayJayHella,

I must confess that I am new to the forums.  I have been reviewing other previous CLA attempts that have been posted and their associated feedback.

I can see that my feeble attempt needs a lot of work.  I welcome any additional advice.

I hope to repost a more advanced (and complete) CLA attempt this week with some of the feedback that I have gleamed from the forums.

Here are some highlights that I will try to incorporate:

1. Requirement tags will not  count towards documentation.
    1. Do not assume that the tag being present will count toward documentation with the grader(s).
    2. Good documentation should be easy points (20 points) if it is present (location of documentation is very important).
    3. Documentation, documentation, documentation
  2. Requirement tags are 30 points!, but it is very hard to get all of these points. 
    1. Focus on documentation, not development to meet requirements.
    2. Place every tag in the appropriate area, but don’t lose too much time; stressing about some nitty gritty requirement.
      1. document a plan for your CLD to incorporate a method in this case.
  3. Focus on Architecture (it is 40 Points)
    1. These almost free points IF you have a solid frame work that:
      1. Initializes all modules
      2. Shutdown all modules
      3. Demonstrates how info is pass from each module to Controller
      4. Demonstrate how the controller communicates with each module.
      5. Makes sure you demonstrate:  Timing, Error handling, and database management.
  4. Other considerations
    1. Consider not using ENUMs for your Cases, but Strings.  (time saver, but watch your spelilng 😉 )
      1. Allows you to use the same type def for all Queue Communications (String for CMD, and Variant for data).
    2. You get points for documentation, not development.
    3.  Create a *VIT (template) for your modules and use them.

I am highly encourage everyone that plans to take certifications exams to visit the forums at my company.

I have been very impressed with the knowledge shared here (LabVIEW community)!

Message 4 of 4
(4,030 Views)