From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA-R Sample Exam question 27

Solved!
Go to solution

The question deals with single-element queues.  The "correct" answer suggest that "all of the above" are true.  One of the statements is "Single-element queues arre available on all LabVIEW systems".  Where are they in LabVIEW FPGA?

Message 1 of 6
(8,258 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Photon_Dan

Another example of a poorly worked problem.  I don't exactly agree with A either.  I think what they were referring to with C is the Base, Professional, and Student versions.  I would have chosen B personally.

27. Which of the following are reasons for using single-element queues?
a. Single-element queues are more scalable than functional globals
b. Single-element queues can be used to produce atomic operations on data
c. Single-element queues are available on all LabVIEW systems
d. All of the above

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(8,256 Views)

Exactly!  I chose B, and I felt very confident about it.  I wasn't sure what measurement of scalability is being applied here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,254 Views)
I get rather annoyed at some of the questions, from all levels of certification. To quote myself from earlier in the year:

yenknip wrote:

I was talking to some of the NI chaps at the recent summit saying I would rather retake the 4 hour exam and demonstrate that I can architect a program than an hour's worth of fatuous multiple guess questions.

If we were able to choose how we would like to recertify, it would mean less wasted time "revising" minutiae and unnecessarily specific terminology and more time being productive.

(8,239 Views)

Our concerns have been heard.  Zaki, how about an update?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,232 Views)

I have no problem with A. I think you could say that it is more scalabe when it's faster and simplier to scale, which in this case it is. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,056 Views)