Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA Attempt - Elevator

Hi All,

I have my CLA booked for September and would love some feedback on my attempt at the elevator exam.

I didn't time myself and think it probably took a lot longer than 4 hours, so I definitely need to work on speeding up!

Thanks for looking,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,014 Views)

Hello!

Generally I really like your solution 🙂 Below you'll find few comments:

• I have broken wire in Launcher going to Database Main VI
  • I suppose it is better to create typedef from cluster with Error Event Refnum and Stop Refnum
  • Global Stop.lvlib owns FGV which has enum data type (FGV Action) - this datatype is Private and it couldn't be executed from Launcher - see that it's dimmed in launcher
  • The same question about Error UE.lvlib
  • In controller.lvlib Main.vi you have cluster with Elevator Direction and Floor and I think also here should be typedef.
  • Send Error VI doesn't have String input and has broken wire going into it
  • In Error UE.lvlig FGV.vi you create notifier which has cluster input but in Send Error VI you are trying to connect string. I know that there is no time during the exam and IMHO it is better to left without broken wires and put a short note that it should be converted into this or this 🙂
  • In Display Console Main in consumer case structure you didn't put any requirements.
  • The same note about Sensor Interface Main VI. Try to put requirement tag everywhere where it is possible - of course this part of code should be responsible for the required action. I think shutdown requirement note should be in every module

To summarize I think if you create exactly the same architecture within 4 hours you will pass 🙂

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,989 Views)

Hi Marcin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look and for your comments and suggestions.

It's good to know that you think the architecture would pass, now I just need to practice doing it quickly!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,942 Views)

Good luck on your exam 🙂

If you have some questions or doubts don't hesitate to ask 😉

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,935 Views)

Hi Marcin,