Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA ATM Practice Solution, requesting review and comments (OOP solution)

Hi all,

This is my SECOND attempt at the CLA practice exam. Because it was my second attempt, I reduced my time to 3:10 instead of the full 4:00. I figure I'll lose ~45 minutes on the real exam getting acclimated to the problem.

I'm pretty comfortable using Actor Framework for my professional work, so I tried to apply it here. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to need to switch gears... the result feels nowhere near complete. The time crunch is much worse compared to when I did the CLD.

Overall, looking for thoughts on my organizational structure, general recommendations on what I might get dinged for on what IS done, and of course opinions on how far from a "pass" this solution is. I definitely don't consider this a passing solution, but some thoughts on what I should work on would be helpful.

It's in LabVIEW 2012, where Actor Framework is native. If you would like to look at it in a different version of LabVIEW, let me know and I'll try to back-convert.

Thanks.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,579 Views)

Curious how this went? I saw your link to this on Reddit.

I just took the CLA this morning and I used almost identical architecture to the solution from the ATM sample exam. Did you try a new approach last year? How'd it go?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,899 Views)

@James.M wrote:

Curious how this went? I saw your link to this on Reddit.

I just took the CLA this morning and I used almost identical architecture to the solution from the ATM sample exam. Did you try a new approach last year? How'd it go?

I went ahead with Actor Framework on the actual exam. Fortunately, I passed. I was docked on a few things that I found surprising but what ultimately matters is getting the certification, so I can't complain too much.

Hope that you hear back with a positive result! Definitely let me know how it goes.

Message 3 of 5
(6,850 Views)

I passed with a 90%! I used a QMH module architecture just like they use in one of their practice solutions and it worked out for me. 🙂

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 4 of 5
(6,686 Views)

Hi, Would you please mention which sample exam solution you have used? and have you used the template message library of QMH?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,611 Views)