From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA ATM Practice Solution, requesting review and comments (OOP solution)

Hi all,

This is my SECOND attempt at the CLA practice exam. Because it was my second attempt, I reduced my time to 3:10 instead of the full 4:00. I figure I'll lose ~45 minutes on the real exam getting acclimated to the problem.

I'm pretty comfortable using Actor Framework for my professional work, so I tried to apply it here. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to need to switch gears... the result feels nowhere near complete. The time crunch is much worse compared to when I did the CLD.

Overall, looking for thoughts on my organizational structure, general recommendations on what I might get dinged for on what IS done, and of course opinions on how far from a "pass" this solution is. I definitely don't consider this a passing solution, but some thoughts on what I should work on would be helpful.

It's in LabVIEW 2012, where Actor Framework is native. If you would like to look at it in a different version of LabVIEW, let me know and I'll try to back-convert.

Thanks.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,576 Views)

Curious how this went? I saw your link to this on Reddit.

I just took the CLA this morning and I used almost identical architecture to the solution from the ATM sample exam. Did you try a new approach last year? How'd it go?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,896 Views)

@James.M wrote:

Curious how this went? I saw your link to this on Reddit.

I just took the CLA this morning and I used almost identical architecture to the solution from the ATM sample exam. Did you try a new approach last year? How'd it go?

I went ahead with Actor Framework on the actual exam. Fortunately, I passed. I was docked on a few things that I found surprising but what ultimately matters is getting the certification, so I can't complain too much.

Hope that you hear back with a positive result! Definitely let me know how it goes.

Message 3 of 5
(6,847 Views)

I passed with a 90%! I used a QMH module architecture just like they use in one of their practice solutions and it worked out for me. 🙂

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 4 of 5
(6,683 Views)

Hi, Would you please mention which sample exam solution you have used? and have you used the template message library of QMH?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,608 Views)