Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boiler Controller -CLD question

Hi all,

I have attached a sample program for CLD question -Boiler controller.

It would be helpful if you could send me feedaback/suggestion/improvements.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,671 Views)

My first question, is it a boiler or a broiler? This will depend on whether you want to poach your chicken or if you want a crispy skin on top 😄

Also, I'm on LV 2012 and couldn't open your project, sorry!

Message 2 of 14
(5,635 Views)

Hi Gregoryj,

Sorry about the spelling mistake in the program Name.

I have attached the program in 2012 Version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,579 Views)

Forgot to attach the program in the previous post. silly of me!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,578 Views)

Hi Kurian, it's clear that you know about many functions in LabVIEW, like user events and queues, but I see some for improvement in the following areas:

Style:

• Try to make wires go straight across, especially error and reference wires when possible.
  • Put some kind of non-default icon for all SubVIs and Typedef controls
  • Did you play with the layout of the front panel? It might be something with backsaving, but if you played with it, don't do that!

Documentation:

• I'd like to see more comments inside your case structures explaining what they do.

Functionality:

• Keep it simple! This could have been done in 1 loop, maybe 2 loops if you really like the QMH template.
  • Why is there a 100ms wait in the loops? It seems useless in the producer, action, and display loops, as those are waiting on events or items from a queue. I'm not sure if your timing loops is running continuously, then it may be necessary there.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,569 Views)

Hi Gregoryj,

Thank you for the feedback.

I will make it more neat regarding the wires and the icon!!

I did not play with the front panel. I copied this front panel from another answer in a forum. I just deleted the block diagram and reused the front panel. 😄

Is there a website where you can get the CLD questions??

I would add more documentation in the next try. I was trying to finish it within 4hrs, but could not manage to finish it on time. This is my first try with a CLD question.

Let me try to reprogram it with lesser loops.

Yes I you are right about the 100ms in the loops.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,562 Views)

Hi,

I  re-programmed it in a single Loop.

Suggestions/modifications/comments/feedback please!!

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,547 Views)

Oops that was a wrong program. please find the attached right program.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,546 Views)

You can download preparation material and practice exams from here:

<http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EKITCLDEXMPRP/US>

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,544 Views)

I think this second attempt was a lot easier to read. It's still a little light on the comments, and the typedefs are still lacking new icons and description documentation. I think you might get dinged a little for running wires behind case structures as well. 

Overall, I see good improvement here, and I think if you practice a couple more times, with the other practice scenarios, you will be in good shape!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,543 Views)