From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone...ugh i lost it.

@JackDunaway wrote:
Or is that a real moustache?

Probably depends on the specific RFC. 😄

Message 41 of 46
(5,250 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JackDunaway wrote:
Or is that a real moustache?

Probably depends on the specific RFC. 😄

<Full Disclosure>

Back in the late '90s I did grow a 'stash.  The first time my grandmother saw it she theatened to call the police "if that guy, who looks like Satan Himself, doesn't leave soon"

Everyone said it looked bad... I sort of liked it.  Until It made an appearance in the local (Hunan, China) Paper on pg1 above the fold.  I abandoned that moustache that same day!  I may go a day or two standing too far from a razor on weekends and vacations but, I remain NON-FHE RFC 2323 compliant to this day.

</Full Disclosure>

So, Just a drive arouund.  I wish I had an NI Week '99 Tee- Shirt.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 42 of 46
(5,227 Views)

@RedAG wrote:

Since then, I have shifted to the Ace, has all the functoinalities a man who gets lost often need Smiley Very Happy

Or look at a map before you go for an interview to find out where you need to go....

Before smartphones, this wouldn't have to be stated.

I have the feeling sometimes we're not expanding our "smartness" by having smartphones, we're outsourcing it.  I still use a real paper phone book.

Do I qualify for the old grumpy thread yet.

Spoiler
I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those kids.....

Message 43 of 46
(5,209 Views)

And what would you have done in the days before smart phones?  You would have called someone long before the interview to get exact directions as to where you are going.  Perhaps even take a drive by the place sometime before the interview so you can see where it is so you are as prepared as possible and prevent getting lost on the way.

!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would indeed have called someone, looked up the map or even driven by as some suggested if it wasn't for the fact that 1) I was living some 400 miles away.

2) When I looked up the place in the map, it showed it as an Industrial Estate, which one of friends mentioned was in that murky part of London, where you really wouldn't want to walk around. Chances are, you might get mugged or worse.... 

3) When I got to the exact address shown on the map, I found that it was actually one of those scrap yeards you see in the climax scenes of movies. I had half a mind to run back to the metro.

Apparently the company had moved address and 'forgot' to mention it to me.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 46
(5,202 Views)

@RedAG wrote:

Apparently the company had moved address and 'forgot' to mention it to me.

LOL, you should have billed them for wasted time.  Stuff like that is a terrible first impression.

Spoiler
Go on, what was the name of the company, I know you want to share.....Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 46
(5,191 Views)

LOL, you should have billed them for wasted time.  Stuff like that is a terrible first impression.

Spoiler
Go on, what was the name of the company, I know you want to share.....:smileywink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, the only reason they went through with my interview was becasue they messed up the address in the first place I am sure. 

I did ask for a small compensation for the taxi charge which I was entitle I thought becasue they did provide wrong information to me, but i had to settle for an apology. (There was a big bearded guy in the interview panel who kept eye-balling me and insinuating it was still my fault!)

I would sare the name of the company, but I rather avoid the possibilty of a lawsuit...:P

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 46
(5,186 Views)