BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone...ugh i lost it.

@for(imstuck) wrote:

One month after getting the iPhone 5 as my upgrade I was due for, I accidentally left it in a cab last night. While tracking the gps from iCloud and calling it, someone turned it off. Fabulous. Glad to know that's what this worlds coming to. Drives me nuts. All some person had to do was answer the phone and I would have come and gotten it. Of course, I'm partially to blame here, but the selfishness of some person out there is really what drives me crazy.

I'm sure my provider is ecstatic though; now I have to buy a new phone and this one they don't have to subsidize. Anyone else lost something that's driven them crazy?!

Truthfully, you're better off without it.

Get yourself a proper phone.  Insert Fanboydom here.  But count me out, I just use my phone for....... Phonecalls.

My wife has an iPhone and after using it a few times I can honestly say that if I had any input on the fact, I would never own one.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(6,616 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

@for(imstuck) wrote:

One month after getting the iPhone 5 as my upgrade I was due for, I accidentally left it in a cab last night. While tracking the gps from iCloud and calling it, someone turned it off. Fabulous. Glad to know that's what this worlds coming to. Drives me nuts. All some person had to do was answer the phone and I would have come and gotten it. Of course, I'm partially to blame here, but the selfishness of some person out there is really what drives me crazy.

I'm sure my provider is ecstatic though; now I have to buy a new phone and this one they don't have to subsidize. Anyone else lost something that's driven them crazy?!

Truthfully, you're better off without it.

I second that. Before my current iPhone I didn't own a smartphone, and initially I was astounded by the thing. But over the years the magic has worn off and I'm now less than impressed. When my company replaces this phone and asks me what I want, it won't be an Apple product.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 22 of 46
(6,573 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Get yourself a proper phone.  Insert Fanboydom here.  But count me out, I just use my phone for....... Phonecalls.

I am very dependant on my Droid. >90% of it's usage is not phone call related. Couldn't function easily without it. It's simply too useful as a tool for entertainment and information. I'll never go back to an "idiot" phone. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 23 of 46
(6,560 Views)

My galaxy nexus makes very few phone calls and texts per month and most of the use is data. I spend about 90minutes/day in the bus commuting and these minutes are 100% productive thanks to this smart phone networked pocket computer. I can catch up on e-mails and news, answer posts in the forum, even play a game of chess, etc. etc. When traveling, I use it for navigation, to find a good nearby restaurant, look up timetables, flight status, or whatever.

The "phone" part is insignificant, but useful in an emergency 😉 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(6,545 Views)

I love my iPhone 4. I'd also love to upgrade it, but the darn thing just won't break! 😛

I also love Windows 7, and I hate Mac OS. I'm an enigma.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(6,530 Views)

@Darren wrote:

I love my iPhone 4. I'd also love to upgrade it, but the darn thing just won't break! 😛

I also love Windows 7, and I hate Mac OS. I'm an enigma.

I have a broken iPhone4 if you want to trade 😉  Still works... and has a few months left on a useless warranty..  😛

I can live win windoze 7 but not hate..  Much prefer Linux.

Wanted to go Mac...  but Apple's lack of customer service made me change my mind..  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 46
(6,528 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Same here on the iPhone 4; fantastic piece of hardware, virtually pristine after 2yrs+. I'm tempted to jump on the 5S (or whatever they're calling the next-rev) though. Extrapolating, it'll knock our socks off compared to performance of the 4: http://www.iphonebenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(6,503 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

@Darren wrote:

Same here on the iPhone 4; fantastic piece of hardware, virtually pristine after 2yrs+. I'm tempted to jump on the 5S (or whatever they're calling the next-rev) though. Extrapolating, it'll knock our socks off compared to performance of the 4: http://www.iphonebenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html

I went from the 3GS to the 5.  My socks were blown off.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(6,499 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

@Darren wrote:

Wife is currently trading in her iPhone 4 for an iPhone 5.

She's had horrible battery performance from the 4. Used a Mophie battery case as well. But the USB connector to the Mophie has worn out several times. She does tend to rely on putting it on the charger too often, which doesn't help.

We have a bunch of micro-USB chargers in the house (and cars) and a bunch of Apple chargers. Why did Apple change the connector for the iPhone 5? Now she has to buy another Mophie for it, or buy new chargers. Here's hoping that they improved the USB connection with the iPhone models.

Me?  Quite happy with my HTC One Incredible Droid, thank you very much!!

JZ

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(6,495 Views)

I have no idea what the next phone / tablets will be.  Maybe I'll try again with apple and see if they can restore some faith into their customer service..  I am not holding my breath..

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(6,469 Views)