BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone...ugh i lost it.

One month after getting the iPhone 5 as my upgrade I was due for, I accidentally left it in a cab last night. While tracking the gps from iCloud and calling it, someone turned it off. Fabulous. Glad to know that's what this worlds coming to. Drives me nuts. All some person had to do was answer the phone and I would have come and gotten it. Of course, I'm partially to blame here, but the selfishness of some person out there is really what drives me crazy.

I'm sure my provider is ecstatic though; now I have to buy a new phone and this one they don't have to subsidize. Anyone else lost something that's driven them crazy?!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 46
(9,958 Views)

yes, but I don't know if  can say it on a public forum...

Spoiler
my hair...  😞

Message 2 of 46
(9,954 Views)

The difference here is, losing your hair saves you money.

Message 3 of 46
(9,949 Views)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." ~ Mark Twain

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 46
(9,933 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

One month after getting the iPhone 5 as my upgrade I was due for, I accidentally left it in a cab last night. While tracking the gps from iCloud and calling it, someone turned it off. 

Oh man, that sucks.

Surely the new 'owner' will need to turn it on if they expect to be able to use/sell it? As soon as it's on, can you not use the Find my iPhone functionality again to track it's whereabouts? If someone ever took my phone and I was able to track it's location I'd be straight round there with boiling blood and vengeance in my eyes Smiley Mad

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 46
(9,929 Views)

@Thoric wrote:
[...] I'd be straight round there with boiling blood and vengeance in my eyes Smiley Mad

"Vengeance is mine sayeth..." ~ the Lord

I'm on a roll with quotations today.  Never an original thought... 😞  Maybe I'm a robot?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 46
(9,920 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@Thoric wrote:
[...] I'd be straight round there with boiling blood and vengeance in my eyes Smiley Mad

"Vengeance is mine sayeth..." ~ the Lord

I'm on a roll with quotations today.  Never an original thought... 😞  Maybe I'm a robot?

At least you can recall quotations. My mind appears to be programmed to work with images, not literature. Probably explains why I'm so comfortable working in G and not text based languages! Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 46
(9,912 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Have to have one to lose first!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 46
(9,902 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:

Have to have one to lose first!

You didn't become CLA/CPI/Champion without a pretty sharp mind...  My mind is, at least, sharp enough to know its limitations.  Which is fortunate, because, as we all know, "[a] man's got to know his limitations." ~ (Dirty) Harry Callahan

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 46
(9,895 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:
 "[a] man's got to know his limitations." ~ (Dirty) Harry Callahan

"True wisdom is knowing what you don't know"

"I know that I know nothing"

And for fun..."All we are is dust in the wind, dude." (anyone know what this is from without using google? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 46
(9,870 Views)