Did you mean: 

funny stuff

It's nice to find that my 488th post was about GPIB.... Smiley Very Happy

Have a nice day!

graziano
Message 1 of 15
(8,788 Views)
Congrat!

today i am formally forbidden to code Smiley Sad - i have the Labview finger (too much wiring with a laptop Smiley Very Happy )

Message Edited by Gabi1 on 09-26-2007 12:41 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 2 of 15
(8,774 Views)
Ouch!
   You code with that trackpoint?!?!?! Congratulation, sincerely......

graziano
Message 3 of 15
(8,741 Views)

@Graziano wrote:
   You code with that trackpoint?!?!?! Congratulation, sincerely......

Nothing wrong with that. I do most of my coding with a trackpoint. Sitting in a recliner, laptop on the lap.

(However, the touchpad is inactivated. Hate these things!)

Gabi, interesting choice of touchpad tip. I am currently also using this one. 🙂

LabVIEW finger is no excuse! There are typically at least two more fingers usable for this. 😮 Also make sure to set it to the lightest sensitivity so you need to barely touch it to move the cursor. 😄

Message 4 of 15
(8,731 Views)

photo is not mine, but it is the trackpoint tip i am using. unfortunately i cant use at too high sensitivity, since the mouse begin to behave as a living creature Smiley Surprised

i have also the touchpad, but i just cant bear it. the thing with my fingers is actually quite annoying, as the fingerprint reader has stopped recognising it (luckily still some other fingers 🙂 ).

LabVIEW finger is no excuse! There are typically at least two more fingers usable for this. 😮

learning...learning... Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 5 of 15
(8,724 Views)
Hopefully, (and thanks to labVIEW), we will soon no longer need any fingers to control the cursor and mouse buttons

All we really need is a mind control interface. 🙂

While a "LabVIEW finger" is a serious condition, a "LabVIEW mind" is arguably probably OK. 🙂
Message 6 of 15
(8,720 Views)

I wonder how long it will be until camera technology can effectively monitor eye movements such that the cursor can be moved simply by looking at different parts of the screen?  I've often thought that ocular-driven positioning would be the next step in HMIs after hand-driven positioning like mice, touchpads, trackballs, red nubs, etc.  Now if I only had access to some sort of "Image Acquisition" hardware and software, I'd been in business!

-D

Message Edited by Darren on 09-26-2007 11:09 PM

Message 7 of 15
(8,701 Views)
Darren:
Google is your friend

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 8 of 15
(8,697 Views)

"Quick Glance is an assistive technology device which provides an efficient alternative to the mouse. It moves the cursor according to the user's eye movements.  Price: $5,980.00 – $6,480.00"

Oh man, thank goodness...I was afraid any existing technology wouldn't be affordable... 😛

-D

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(8,695 Views)

Darren,

So, you don't think you could get your hands on a  compact vision system and make your own? 🙂

(Maybe all you need is LabVIEW and a few cheap USB cameras)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,642 Views)