BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized clock control

Hi all, I'm trying to create a customised control that looks like a timer that counts up - kind of. Basically, I want a circular face, like a clock face, that starts blank, and sweeps with a single colour in a clockwise direction until the whole 360deg of circle is full. So, I started playing around with the dial control - removed the scale, and needle, and using the ramp feature I play around with property nodes to sweep the ramp from a zero rotational width to a full 360 degrees. This gives exactly what I want..... nearly.

Please take a look at the attached example (in LV V8.0, 8.2 & 8.5.1). There is a graphical problem. As the colour sweeps around, it's outer radius seems to drift from true. If left running for long enough, this outer radius can reduce to nearly half what it is to start with! There's no control over this radius, it's set by mouse interaction with the control at edit time, so there's no way to restore its value during run-time!

If anyone has any ideas, please help me! This control isn't as neat as I'd like anyway, so if anyone knows of a better way that would be great! Smiley Happy

Thoric

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,378 Views)

This probably belongs in the LabVIEW forum.

The breakpoint is our social forum... 🙂

Thoric wrote:

...so if anyone knows of a better way that would be great! Smiley Happy

Use a picture control and draw an arc. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 08-26-2008 12:54 PM
Message 2 of 4
(6,376 Views)

Apologies! I didn't even realise I was in here!

Now I have to copy and paste everything! Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,373 Views)
Message 4 of 4
(6,367 Views)