From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic rock band player

hey peeps,

Am think of a new pet project. Using LV (with vision, something I have not touched on before) to make an automatic guitar hero or rock band playing robot.

I figure there is a resonable bit of work in this, the hardest part for me will probably be the mechanical interface with the guitar, I have no experience at all for this kind of thing.

Anybody done anything similar?

n

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,929 Views)

In a similar expirement, fourteen years ago, my wife and I made what turned out to be a Guitar-Hero-playing boy.  The hardest part of that has been, in recent years, paying for the food he eats.

Have you seen similar projects on YouTube?  I wonder if you might be able to decode the video signal and simulate the guitar controller rather than using vision and mechanical actuators.  That would be nearly as cool as the one my wife and I made, and would cost a lot less. Perhaps cooler.

Message Edited by jcarmody on 08-28-2009 05:04 PM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 5
(6,923 Views)

nrp-

This was already done, just a few weeks ago I saw a video, I think it was on the Developer Zone.

You want to to search around to get some ideas.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,912 Views)

nrp-

Alas, here it is!

http://vishots.com/2008/03/30/slashbot-the-guitar-hero-robot-using-labview-and-fpga/

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,911 Views)

jcarmody wrote:

In a similar expirement, fourteen years ago, my wife and I made what turned out to be a Guitar-Hero-playing boy.  The hardest part of that has been, in recent years, paying for the food he eats.

Have you seen similar projects on YouTube?  I wonder if you might be able to decode the video signal and simulate the guitar controller rather than using vision and mechanical actuators.  That would be nearly as cool as the one my wife and I made, and would cost a lot less. Perhaps cooler.

Message Edited by jcarmody on 08-28-2009 05:04 PM

🙂

I think I ought to get permission from my girlfriend for the type of project that you got up to!

Actually didnt think of trying to decode the video signal, that looks cool too.

Message Edited by nrp on 08-29-2009 09:54 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,879 Views)