From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ya know it's going to be a bad day when.....

@Ben wrote:

Hi muks,

I'm an old man that does not keep up on the new lingo. Please use full words that even I can understand.

Hmmm.....
Message 81 of 108
(11,425 Views)

Ben,

I think he meant "girlfriend"..  Now showting at a girlfriend is probably worse than shouting at the grandfather.  Maybe the grandfather has hearing problems.. 😉

R

Message 82 of 108
(11,403 Views)
Yup I did mean girl friend. and by the way ben who said u r old.Guys programming LabVIEW never become old............
Message 83 of 108
(11,382 Views)

muks wrote:
Guys programming LabVIEW never become old............

Really? Smiley Surprised Then i never want to be old. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 108
(11,373 Views)
Ben wrote:

Hi muks,

I'm an old man that does not keep up on the new lingo. Please use full words that even I can understand.

I wrote

Hmmm.....

and this.

muks wrote

Yup I did mean girl friend. and by the way ben who said u r old.Guys programming LabVIEW never become old............

Guess he didn't get the message. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 85 of 108
(11,345 Views)
I got ur link and i think u r not suggesting a ban on using these words.R u?
Message 86 of 108
(11,335 Views)

Really?  Then i never want to be old.

You never will be mathanSmiley Very Happy
Message 87 of 108
(11,334 Views)

I am not advocating a ban.

I would like to stongly urge you to defer from using them. The number of acronyms required to talk technically today is challenging in itself. But using those text message abreviations you are making me work harder to understand your posts.

So I humbly request, please make this old man's life easier and post using full words.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 88 of 108
(11,331 Views)
I'm not advocating a ban either (as I pointed out in my last message in the thread I started). Just some professional courtesy. Smiley Wink
Message 89 of 108
(11,328 Views)
Well, Ben, unfortunately, based on recent message it looks like professional courtesy is out the window. Smiley Sad
Message 90 of 108
(11,232 Views)