BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ya know it's going to be a bad day when.....

After all these 5s still my msg rating given is at 4.9Smiley Sad
Message 61 of 108
(11,359 Views)
don't worry, it all balances itself out..  eventually...

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 108
(11,359 Views)

Dear muks,

Today itself my ranking was in floating changing from trusted to nothing, nothing to trusted......... for lot of times. I was very disturbed by this. Anyway as you told in your other thread,

Let's forgive and forget

Smiley Wink

Yup mathan and dont worry who knows laura may come up with some thing grt where the number of ratings alone count(as ben said)Smiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 108
(11,355 Views)
YKIGTBABDW you finally realize that the error in your VI wasn't because of the node you thought it was, but rather an invalid file read previously. In fact, you were so sure that the error stemmed from what you thought it did, that you never bothered to double check everything up the line. And of course, when you finally did wise up, the problem was all because of an extra 'x' in the file extension...
-Cory
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 108
(11,286 Views)

the problem was all because of an extra 'x' in the file extension.

Oh my.......... Did that really happen?
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 108
(11,281 Views)
Yep...I had set the VI up to run with a little init file in Excel so the user could change the default values without having to worry about knowing what to change in LabVIEW. I have Excel '07 on the dev computer, so had set up the init file in that, which saves it as a *.xlsx by default. Well, the computers which will be using the VI have an older version of Excel, so I had to change the init file to a *.xls. Unfortunately, I forgot to change the file path that called it 😞 . Down the line, a Variant to Data was returning an error about the data type not being correct. Apparently, "no data" != "array" 😉 Now I'm just hoping that mistake doesn't set the trend for the rest of the day / week...
-Cory
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 108
(11,277 Views)
Ouch that hurts..............
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 108
(11,273 Views)
And you definetly know it is gonna be a one h.... of a project if this happens!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by muks on 08-08-2008 06:46 AM
Message 68 of 108
(11,234 Views)
Haha, I love it, muks.
-Cory
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 108
(11,216 Views)
Glad u liked it corysSmiley Tongue
Message 70 of 108
(11,210 Views)