BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ya know it's going to be a bad day when.....

Well, so far I have not yet managed to get rid of all the 8.2 files.

I first repaired everything I had installed. (only took about 2 hours) But that did nothing. Apparently "Repair" just looks to see if the file is there. It doesn't care what version it is. (I guess that makes sense)

So then I searched the 8.0 directory for anything that had been modified that day. Deleted all those files and repaired everything again. Started mass compiling again. Ran into some more 8.2 VIs.

So I made a little tool that looks through the directory and makes a list of all the 8.2 VIs and deletes them so I can repair yet again and do one more mass compile.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 108
(13,104 Views)

Wow..  That Mass Compile button sure can create headaches... 😮

It's all part of the game, right?

You need a strong coffee diluted with something even stronger to get you through this!  😉 

Tbob!!!  What are you doing in Arizona?? 

In Cajun:  "Aiye, le ti couzin, quesse' qu'tu fazions las-bas en Arize-onnah??"  😄

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 108
(13,090 Views)

I think I've finally got it fixed. At least the version tool can't find any more 8.2 files and it mass compiles OK.

What a pain.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 108
(13,089 Views)
JLV:  Je n'aime pas le froid, l'humidite, et la pluie.  AZ c'est parfait pour moi, a moins que il n'y a pas des personne qui parle francais ici (j'ai recontrer avec jus deux deja).  Mais, j'apprends a parler espagnol parce qu'il y'a  beaucoup des "latino" ici.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 24 of 108
(13,084 Views)

YKIGTBABDW...

You drive to a meeting in the morning and decide to put on some relaxing music, so you pop a CD in.

Then, after a few minutes of getting set up, you realize that the volume was too low, so you decide to rewind the CD to the beginning, so you click the rewind button enough times to bring it to track 1 and then once more to bring it to the first track. Smiley Sad

Maybe this should go under the headline "You know you've been programming too long when..."?

"You know you've been programming too long when..."

... you knock over a glass of wine and find yourself reaching for "ctrl-z".

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 26 of 108
(12,966 Views)
You know you've been programming too long when...

Damn, forgot what I was going to say... I knew I should have used an uninitialized shift register to store that...

Message 27 of 108
(12,930 Views)

@Ben wrote:
"You know you've been programming too long when..."

... you knock over a glass of wine and find yourself reaching for "ctrl-z".

Ben

LOL!!  That IS a good one Ben..

Did it work?

Message 28 of 108
(12,893 Views)
"Did it work?"

I my dreams.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 29 of 108
(12,875 Views)

Well I did it again!

After cleaning up my e-mail this AM I was alerted that I was supposed to be on vacation today.

Oh Well.....

Ben

Message 30 of 108
(12,396 Views)