BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With LabVIEW, I can do the impossible

We may all be LabVIEW geeks, but we don't have to prove it by actually calculating how long the loop would run, do we?

Oh, hold on, someone already did...   🙂

Rob the Certified LabVIEW Geek
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(4,099 Views)

Robert Cole wrote:

Tha's odd, because it seems impossible without knowing what's in the other cases of the case structure. 😄
Message 12 of 18
(4,096 Views)

Robert Cole wrote:

Except Ben is not very good at math, so he got it wrong. Smiley Very Happy

Assuming the inf is coerced to the max value of U32 (~4.2 billion), it should actually take about 49 days.

tst wrote:
Assuming the inf is coerced to the max value of U32 (~4.2 billion), it should actually take about 49 days.

I think it is coerced to I32. If you wire out from inside the selector node, the wire is I32.

Still, I think it takes an infinite amout of time to run the first iteration, because secret sources provided me with the content of the other (=non-default) case. 😮

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-18-2008 08:31 AM
Message 14 of 18
(4,084 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
I think it is coerced to I32. If you wire out from inside the selector node, the wire is I32.

Still, I think it takes an infinite amout of time to run the first iteration, because secret sources provided me with the content of the other (=non-default) case. 😮

Wow, the VI must be hyperpolymorphic since that's not what it looks like on my computer. 🙂

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(4,081 Views)
it was just a wild guess... 🙂
Message 16 of 18
(4,078 Views)
Care to try it with LV64 on a 64-bit OS?
Message 17 of 18
(4,071 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Ah, but I'm looking at the Wait primitive, which accepts a U32 and is presumably the thing which will delay the VI the most.