From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we have error messages like that?

All we get is insanities and automatic reports. Why do we never hear about trained monkeys?

I was just using the YouTube video editor when I got the following message.

Now it all makes sense!

Message 1 of 7
(7,616 Views)

You should check the error reports in the summer.  Isn't that when NI has the monkeys, or is it interns, around?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,578 Views)

That would have been viciously stamped out by my employer as being too 'unprofessional' 😞

The last quality audit made me remove the stickers saying "Please do not feed the robot".

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,568 Views)

thoult wrote:

The last quality audit made me remove the stickers saying "Please do not feed the robot".

Reminds me of: And yet, it moves

One actually shouldn't feed the robot 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,563 Views)

Because "an unknown error has occurred" is good enough apparently.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,391 Views)

I once inherited a "Richly Obfuscated" piece of code the would often pop-up a one- button dialog with the message "Something is wrong - and the developer does not understand why"

Amazingly, my hair grew backSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(7,361 Views)

I wrote something, a long time ago, that converted a boolean array into a number and popped up a message with just that.  It helped me troubleshoot the software but, every once in a while, a confused operator comes to me to report a "5" or something.  I giggle every time. Smiley Embarassed

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,350 Views)