From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's planning to attend NI-WEEK?

... and please keep us up to date on any announcements!

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 31 of 40
(5,590 Views)

@Ben wrote:
... and please keep us up to date on any announcements!
I got a screwdriver. Smiley Very Happy

Can anyone update regarding the game show?

Highlights low points etc...

Curious,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 33 of 40
(5,559 Views)

I haven't been there, but I understood the champions lost. People were apparently surprised by the question "Name an express VI" Smiley Very Happy

Oh, and the answer "size to fit" was apparently not an expected one when asked to name a cluster function...

Thanks Yair!

"... the question "Name an express VI" "

Yeeesh! I would not know the answer to that Q either because the only thing I ever do using express VI's is delete them. Smiley Very Happy

Next year I think the Champions should write the questions. Smiley Wink

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(5,546 Views)

We had the NI party at the Oasis last night, which was really nice. That place has a really great view.

There was a nice piece in today's keynote about a 10 year old kid (who came up to the stage) who's using LV to control his model trains. I'm sure you would have liked that one, Ben. He was going "yeah, the 2D picture control is good for visualizing the tracks" and I was thinking "ooh, dejavu...". Smiley Happy
Maybe you can get in touch with him through the NI guys.

At 10 !

At ten I was just starting to grasp the difference between AC and DC using my toy train transformer and frogs.

I've got chips in my controller that are twice that old.

Thanks for the lead and God's speed to you on your return trip.

Ben

Message 37 of 40
(5,523 Views)
Hi!

About NI Week... next year I'll go, also because it' USELESS TO GO ON HOLYDAYS when it'raining all august....... no sea this year Smiley Sad
Message 38 of 40
(5,501 Views)
To check out the kid, go here and look at the Samuel Majors section of Thursday's keynote.

(5,451 Views)

@tst wrote:
 Michael A. made the unfortunate mistake of filming an interview with me (and JLV), so I assume that should be online in the NIWeek blog when he has time to edit it (if he hasn't already). It's definitely an interesting experience.

LOL!!!  LOL!!  😄 😄 😄

NIWeek was a lot of fun...  Well worth the investment.  It was really good to meet the people from the forum.  And even more fun teasing tst, who is a gentlemen and a scholar!!  ((now I can't wait to see the edited video 😉 ))  😄 😄 😄  I am really impressed with Texas.  Excellent hospitality and you can find the finest food in North America  -- BBQ's-- (yep... even better than Montreal... I can't believe it either... 😞   )) Lots of good places to visit.  Truly a good experience.  The people at NI did a very good job.  On the down side, we won't talk about the breakfasts..  right?

Wish you were there Ben! 

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 08-12-2007 06:19 PM

Message 40 of 40
(5,444 Views)