From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Going to be there NI week 2014?

P@Anand wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

Happy hour?? What is special about that in NI week?

Meeting up with 50 friends just for the sake of hanging out.  What about that isn't special?  This is the only way I was able to meet up with some people during NI Week last year.  Its nice to see the faces behind the avatars every so often.

I know thats a lot special and very rare. I was thinking whether NI might be having some event or some activities at that time when you  people meet 🙂

Smiley Happy

Yup, there is. And it's usually great. I met the faces behind the avatars and made a few more friends at the last community happy hour Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 69
(8,160 Views)

There is the big NIWeek Party that evening, but the Happy Hour ends in time to get on the shuttle buses that NI will have to take us to the big party.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 69
(8,156 Views)

@JordanG wrote:

Hi all,

NI will be hosting the Community Happy Hour again this year. I've sent out invites via PM to the top 50 community users who are registered for NIWeek.

I'm a little curious on how the "top 50" was determined.  Kudos?  Post Count? Seniority?  Still I did get an invite and accepted, but this also conflicts with the JKI VIP Happy Hour.  Decisions, decisions.  Seems there is only so much time to socialize.  Why even have training sessions.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 69
(8,154 Views)

Top 50 contributors to the forums I think.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 69
(8,149 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JordanG wrote:

Hi all,

NI will be hosting the Community Happy Hour again this year. I've sent out invites via PM to the top 50 community users who are registered for NIWeek.

I'm a little curious on how the "top 50" was determined.  Kudos?  Post Count? Seniority?  Still I did get an invite and accepted, but this also conflicts with the JKI VIP Happy Hour.  Decisions, decisions.  Seems there is only so much time to socialize.  Why even have training sessions.

There are so many times in my schedule where I'm double, and even triple booked! The JKI event and Community Happy Hour both clash, so I think I'll have to run from one to the other at half-time! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 69
(8,140 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

There is the big NIWeek Party that evening, but the Happy Hour ends in time to get on the shuttle buses that NI will have to take us to the big party.

It seems crazy to me as a Brit that coaches are needed for what is less than a 1 mile walk, but I went for a walk last NI Week and within 10 minutes I felt like hell. The heat is just too much!

And whizzing past me were runners and cyclists! There's some crazy folk in that there ol' town. Smiley Surprised

Message 56 of 69
(8,136 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

There are so many times in my schedule where I'm double, and even triple booked! The JKI event and Community Happy Hour both clash, so I think I'll have to run from one to the other at half-time! Smiley Very Happy

Great we can leave together.  Yeah my hotel last year was about 1 1/2 mile away and it was a rough walk back.  In the morning it was cool enough.  Then walking to the LAVA BBQ which again isn't a crazy long walk but in the heat made it feel forever away.  Those Ped-cabs were kinda fun too.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 69
(8,130 Views)

Expect in the low 90's during the day, 70's at night (F, not C!), low 70's in convention center (sweater or light jackey is sometimes appropriate!)

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 69
(8,095 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Expect in the low 90's during the day, 70's at night (F, not C!), low 70's in convention center (sweater or light jackey is sometimes appropriate!)

Wow,  It's going to be cool.  That is typical summer weather for Cincinnati.  I'm used to Austin being in the 100s.  Can't wait to see ya'll down there!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 59 of 69
(8,091 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@LV_Pro wrote:

Wow,  It's going to be cool.  That is typical summer weather for Cincinnati.  I'm used to Austin being in the 100s.  Can't wait to see ya'll down there!

Hey!!! Don't keep it with you. Share some pics once the meet is over, so that we can atleast see the peoples faces behind the Avatar.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 69
(8,084 Views)