From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the meaning of this!!! (your user icon)

I love it!  A couple more variations and I can have one for each day of the week.  Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 208
(8,750 Views)
@altenbach:
I bow at the feet of the Icon Champion!Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 208
(8,741 Views)

Mine's the plain ol cookie cutter template cactus, since I love living in the desert.

Blondegrrrl's was, well, a blonde girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 13 of 208
(8,723 Views)

I love Whataburger, and this icon from the standard forum library is an accurate reflection of that fact.

-D

Message 14 of 208
(8,718 Views)

@centerbolt wrote:
I love it!  A couple more variations and I can have one for each day of the week.  Smiley Very Happy

One thing should be done. Post an image that is 36x26 pixels. Since your current icon had a raw size of 32x32, there is some scaling artefact in frame #0 of my animated version when displayed in the left forum column. Seems the forum page scales undersized icons and does not seem to do a good job with animated, undersized gifs.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 208
(8,722 Views)
Sunshine!  I love sunshine.  I hate rain and clouds, even though they are very necessary.  That is why I live in AZ.  I took a basic sunshine icon and animated it using a gif tool.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 16 of 208
(8,715 Views)
Hi!
   My icon tell you something about me....

Smiley Very Happy

graziano
Message 17 of 208
(8,691 Views)

Mine tells you that... I haven't grown up...Smiley Very Happy

Oh! and that its something to do with TestStand.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 18 of 208
(8,691 Views)

I dunno why I chose my icon.. 

I had Homer for a while..  Dil is actually the nickname we gave to a buddy.  He's a sw freak.  Should be his icon 😄

The pointy hared manager is more like me..  😉

Message 19 of 208
(8,671 Views)

When the NI-Discusion forums got convert into Forums.ni we were given the chance to choose an icon. My first instrinct was to go for the waiter icon because I felt I was serveing the comunity.

My wife thought that was too boring and since I needed her approval to "waste" so much time on the forums, I let her choose the icon.

Well when she the spotted the teddy bear (she calls me Fuzz Bear because I do not like shaving) there was no truning back. I think she was attempting to shame me out of posting answers. She was wrong.

So I lived with it for a while and then in one of the lod leader board threads we were talking about good and evil. I declared the evil person that I was most familiar with was ME. So after a brief tour of the OT with tst providing translations services, he (tst) editied my icon and posted it for me.

Over the years it has grown on me and serves as a constant reminder.

It has gotten many interesting comments over the years. My wife liked "You are as quit as your avatar." And then there was also the "Benny and Bunny" thread on LAVA.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 20 of 208
(8,654 Views)