BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this used for??

@Ben wrote:

Exactly !

maybe I can let others try their hand again but this time with something I purchased recently (hint: a prepper may find a need for it) but have yet to use since the thing I would use it with is still laking the handle which is on back-order.

Have fun speculating!

Ben

I have a thing you would use it with, but I'm not going to use it until I'm confident I can pronounce its name.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 21 of 37
(5,596 Views)

I have a gizmo on the shelf at home my better-half and I used a couple of months ago. I'll take a pcture of it and try to entertain Y'all again. Quoting Whinnie the Pooh "Oh bother!"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(5,589 Views)

First thing I did was an image search. Smiley Wink

And I bet you use it with a 16-20oz hammer... Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 37
(5,577 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

Trivial Pursuit used to be a lot more fun before Google.

I do not give up easy. Proverbs says "A wise man goes into his tore house and brings forth treasure both old and new." While I will not claim to have wisdom I do have a store house of gizmos both old and new. Give me some time and I will get pictures that are NOT on the internet.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(5,571 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@SnowMule wrote:

Trivial Pursuit used to be a lot more fun before Google.

I do not give up easy. Proverbs says "A wise man goes into his tore house and brings forth treasure both old and new." While I will not claim to have wisdom I do have a store house of gizmos both old and new. Give me some time and I will get pictures that are NOT on the internet.

Ben

But I suspect they soon will be on the internet unless you snail-mail them out.  Then we will probably upload them to snapfish anywaySmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(5,566 Views)

That seems a little more modern than the ones I remember seeing! Locally, we have a skills centre (expanding on the sort of skills would give it away :D) that still teaches the use of it. I believe the course is quite popular, although I've been looking at doing something there that's a bit more constructive...

If I may, here's one from me. I've been looking for one of these for a long time for my father, but am tempted to just make one myself. As a result, I've had to steal a picture from the web.

What is it, and what might I use it for? Hints available on request.

whatisit.jpg

---
CLA
Message 26 of 37
(5,559 Views)

@thoult wrote:

What is it, and what might I use it for? Hints available on request.

I actually have one of those!

(I will give no hints, but definitely know what it is and how to use it. It has to do with 2D objects, right? :D)

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(5,554 Views)

You might have missed the side dicussion on right clicking an image and Googling for images

Spoiler

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(5,551 Views)

Yup - I have three applications I've used them for: one to do with engines, one to do with beams, and one to do with gardens 🙂

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(5,548 Views)

I noticed it, hence the comment about having to steal the image from the web. You still don't have to search for it unless you want to... 😛

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(5,546 Views)