From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this and what is it used for

@Wayne.C wrote:

Diamond impregnated tool used to polish slabs of granite/marble.

Winner!

I think this is the closest you guys will get without knowing the industry in which it's used. Not a polisher and not for granite/marble, but very close.

It is a diamond plated tool that is used to grind glass. We use it in conjunction with our 16ftx16ft 5-axis grinder. This specific tool was created to cut a triangular groove in a quartz block.

Here are some close-ups of the edges:

Top Edge.jpgBottom Edge.jpg

(This iPhone camera continues to suprise me.)

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 41 of 294
(9,650 Views)

Thank you James for the adventure and the lesson. If I remember I'll take some pictures for another round next week.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 42 of 294
(9,632 Views)

I was distracted by these...

DSCN0616.JPG

...and completely forgot to hunt for and take pictures.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 43 of 294
(9,553 Views)

Ben:

That one is too easy, potatoes, and they are used to launch out of a spud cannon as projectiles.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 44 of 294
(9,530 Views)

I take fries with that. 😄

Message 45 of 294
(9,526 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I take fries with that. 😄

Just butter and cheese for me, after it has been properly baked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 46 of 294
(9,518 Views)

For a start I will just share these in the order I took the pictures. I suspect we all use the name sake of this item but it is the special form that amkes this item unique. Higly recomended for college students these days.

Front side with a dime to show the size.

DSCN0635.JPG

Bottom side

DSCN0634.JPG

Weights in at about 3-4 lbs.

It is the special use that makes this item special.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 294
(9,475 Views)

Bullet proof?  (OMG, theese preppers :D)

The surface structure migth aid to make 'straight' hand drawn lines ....   well, ...  horizontal/vertical and maybe even 45° ones 

My first thougth was honeycomp  for a beehive, then I had a close look ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 48 of 294
(9,468 Views)

OK that lasted a whole 23 minutes.

Here is one that I do NOT know exactly what it is. Maybe you can tell me. I found it in a dumpster.

DSCN0639.JPG

The right end has a aluminum disk glue to it with a 3/4 inch hole drilled in it.

DSCN0641.JPG

If you know plese tell me!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 294
(9,462 Views)
A flux resistor! The sister component to the flux capacitor.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 50 of 294
(9,464 Views)