BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did YOU learn today? Get your Daily Micro-Nuggets here.

Every day that I work with LabVIEW, I try to learn something, no matter how small. Daily mico-nuggets, if you will.

What did YOU learn today?

Richard

Message 1 of 29
(15,985 Views)

Wow BA, great topic.

I learned that if you put the following line in the ini file of your built exe, when it runs, it will not show up on Windows Taskbar.

HideRootWindow=TRUE

Richard

Message 2 of 29
(15,983 Views)

@broken Arrow wrote:

Wow BA, great topic.

I learned that if you put the following line in the ini file of your built exe, when it runs, it will not show up on Windows Taskbar.

HideRootWindow=TRUE

Thats neat... I wonder if that works with other Windows programs.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(15,971 Views)

I learned that if I have openProbesInOwnWindows=True in my ini file, closing the Probe Watch Window freezes LabVIEW 2010.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(15,964 Views)

Found this one yesterday (LV 7.1.):

If you have a text comment on the BD, you can drag-n-drop a VI into it -> inserts the VI's name.

Could be working with string/path constants as well, but didn't try.

Felix

Message 5 of 29
(15,934 Views)

Felix,

This still works with LV2009 SP1 on Win7 and as you suspected it does work with string and path constants.  Brilliant!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(15,925 Views)

I discovered a propery node to get the attributes for all user created annotations on a graph (XY Graph.annotation list).

Really handy - I can now add a 'save graph' function which allows them to save (and recall) all their labels, positions, settings etc alongside their plotted and formatted data.

Pretty simple, but I'd never stumbled across it before.

Message 7 of 29
(15,854 Views)

I learned how to use a greter than or equal symbol on the FP without resorting to seraching for a special font. It appears it has been there all along and all I had to do was wait for Phillip to teach me how to use it.

See here

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 29
(15,833 Views)

I learned that if I want to keep a user from thinking something is "clickable" which isn't, like a picture on a FP, I can set a custom cursor so that the cursor disappers or looks like an "X" when the mouse enters that area. In doing this, I learned a tiny bit about *.cur files.

Richard

Message 9 of 29
(15,802 Views)

When coding FPGA.....NEVER USE CONSTANTS DURING DEVELOPMENT! Always use controls and set the values by writing to the controls from the RT side of things in an init state. At least  do all of the above initially until everything is working ok. Then constants can be used. I had to do a 30 minute recompile just because I had made a timeout constant which had a value in ms instead of clock ticks (my timeout value was only off by 40 million clock ticks...so effectively a 0 second timeout. Thanks FPGA 40 MHz clock) If I had just made it a control and set the value from the RT side, all this could have been avoided.

Message 10 of 29
(15,748 Views)